• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Who do you think will win, part 2

Who win win the World Cup 2010

• Argentina

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Brazil

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Chile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Germany

• Ghana

• Holland

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Japan

• Mexico

• Paraguay

• Portugal

• Slovakia

• South Korea

• Spain

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Uruguay

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • USA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FruitBat

Prominent Member
Now we've seen everyone play 3 times, no doubt some opinions will have changed.

For me, it's Argentina. They don't even look like they are trying too hard yet. Possibly a repeat of the 1978 final?

RMCF

Distinguished Member
Now we've seen everyone play 3 times, no doubt some opinions will have changed.

For me, it's Argentina. They don't even look like they are trying too hard yet. Possibly a repeat of the 1978 final?

They also have not been tested defensively yet. They are weak there.

For me, it has to be Brazil. Strong all over and can be solid when they want to be.

Spain showing some weakness, like taking the decision to stick with a clearly unfit Torres. If they were to drop him I might think they could do it.

Ururguay for the semi's, and if they get there you just never know.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Has to be Brazil. Melo and Silva are like machines back there. Cesar is the best GK in world football. Maicon looks like he could play consecutive 10 hour tennis matches. The forwards are starting to warm up

I could not go for Argentina. You can tell it is two CB's playing in FB because they get caught napping so easily. They have been fortunate in that they have played opponents who have not sought to be bold enough to have a go at all. Samaras did a very commendable lone ranger job against them and dragged a shot slightly wide. If Greece showed more ambition they could have really tested the defending because they frustrated Argentina until the second half

Knock out is when teams have to stand up. There is some calculation in group games with teams playing it safe. Now he who dares wins. If you try to hold out for 120 and go out then you deserve what you get

sdb123

Distinguished Member
I've gone for Holland....controversial I know.

I think there will be a suspension or two from the winners of the Brazil/Chile match. I just fancy Holland to overcome the South Americans.....looking at the draw the quarter-final will be tougher than the semi's (on paper) - this should motivate the Dutch to put their all into it.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom