Who do you get your VR news info etc from?

CJ90000

The talk about VoodooDE and MRTV got me wondering what other VR specific channels you guys recommend/watch.

Currently my goto VR content are:

MRTV
VoodooDE (dont watch a lot of his stuff but occasionally)
Wolf in VR (vr games very entertaining)
Tyriel Wood (usually he is on top with newer vr tech but hes not been posting as much recently)
VR Flight Sim Guy (mainly as he posts a lot and he has very similar pc spec to mine)
Ben Plays Vr (short reviews and impressions)
Laubox (new vr games channel uses reverb g2 i think)
VR Sofa (doesnt post much anymore)
theVRpilot (again has sameish spec to mine with reverbg2)
Psychoghost Gaming VR (number 1 goto for Into the Radius VR stuff)

The channel i can most recommend is Wolf in VR - very good editing and humour in his videos.

used to sub to:

that dodgy Pimax dude ;)
Virtual Reality Oasis

Last edited:

Thug

I subscribe to:
MRTV
Tyriel Wood
VR Flight Sim Guy
Karl Gosling

I also watch:
Virtual Reality Oasis
The VR Pilot

I too used to watch Jacksepticeye. He was quite funny but a little bit 'too much' (watch him and you will know what i mean).

As for trust, i think the only one the appears half trust worthy is Ste from VR Flight Sim Guy. All the others are a little bit 'too' much like a production and i dont know how much is a true review or a paid review.
If they dont give a good review of a product, then they wont get a newer device from the same company when released, so it stands to reason that they may water it down or big it up a little. They may even get a sizeable 'back hander' for giving a good review (they are also known as influencers too for a reason).
The bigger and more successful they are the less trustworthy they are in my opinion.

Last edited:

CJ90000

CJ90000

In the early days of VR I use to watch Jacksepticeye but not anymore.

haha i completely understand...he is a bit "Jacked" UP. I much prefer more chilled out streams.

Thug

Wasn’t it Sweviver who was put in the pay roll of Pimax?
Or did I imagine that.

Atmos

Wasn’t it Sweviver who was put in the pay roll of Pimax?
Or did I imagine that.
A complete waste of Pimax money when they still need to upgrade their lenses.

They took Sweviver their biggest independent Youtub advocate who worked for free. They gave him a job thus removing him from being independent. He quickly stopped producing video so all their free exposure disappeared and now pay him to be a publicity figure never seen in public. Money well spent.

He’s now behind the Pimax experience which is programmed by his long term patron Art Armin who gives his time for free lol.

Last edited:

CJ90000

MRTV has gone down a little bit in my eyes due to his soft "gatekeeping" his content re the Vive Pro 2 review. I understand him wanting to drive traffic solely to his website but its at the detraction of his YT base. hes already done some thru the lenses stuff but its unlisted on his yt channel :suicide: :laugh: (so wont show up on a search either) so he forces you to go to his website for it. oh well Its up to him after all what he does.

tygeezy

Novice Member
Most VR YouTube channels seem like all they do is read upload vr and then just report what upload vr already reported.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom