Who Dares Wins

Setenza

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I see from the BBFC website that the 80's action flick, "Who Dares Wins" has been reclassified.

Does this mean a DVD re-release? Anything new added? Right ratio?

Anyone know anything.

Interesting. It'd be good to get hold of a w/s version of this - strangely I noted when viewing the 4:3 release that very little 'essential' information was lost when zoomed in on a 16:9 screen.

What a great movie.
That iconic image of Lewis Collins running through the Ambassadors residence during the hostage situation at the end, where he's wearing a shirt that's slightly too small for him and being followed by his SAS chums, cracks me up. I always liked this film since it first came out and I remember my dad kept rewinding the tape to watch the bit where they rescue Skellern's wife, and then the raid on the embassy over and over again (he'd not long been transferred to the local police armed response unit so I think he was trying to pick up tips:rolleyes: ). The plot's a bit daft but the film works really well on the whole.
Didn't Roy Budd, or someone like that, do the funky theme tune?

Thats right Roy Budd did compose the music. In the US
the film was known as The Final Option.

it was called the final option coz thats what it is. When you cant think of any other dvds to watch. put this in. utter pants I thought although i still bought it.:D

Originally posted by Confucius
Nowt wrong with any film in my book in which a bunch of middle-eastern backed commie terrorists get slaughtered!

I assume you mean "nothing wrong with any CONTEXT in which a bunch of.......". :)
A crap film is a crap film, regardless of content.

Best call in the SAS, this thread's been taken over by the Philistines:D

according to play the new release is still 4;3 but it has a fearturette on the SAS

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom