who cares about plot-holes???

M

mattruston

lets be honest, well let me be honest anyway.
the two newer star wars film are god awful. ive tried for nearly 4 years to make myself like both phantom menace and attack of the clones but i just cant anymore. IMHO i think they are god awful and as someone said to me (cant remember who) LOTR is the star wars for our generation.

.... not me, it's just fiction ....

(well space opera if you insist):D

Unfortunately I agree, I only use my star wars dvd's as showcase dvd's now. I realy wanted to like the films but unfortunately they are cr*p!

Still, natalie portman is a babe! ;) :D

Originally posted by mattruston
the two newer star wars film are god awful. ive tried for nearly 4 years to make myself like both phantom menace and attack of the clones but i just cant anymore. IMHO i think they are god awful and as someone said to me (cant remember who) LOTR is the star wars for our generation.
:clap: :clap: :smashin: :smashin: :clap: :clap:

Tell it like it is. How would these films be judged if the previous films had never happened.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The only way to save Episodes 1 & 2 is to make Episode 3 much darker.

Watching Anakin as a little kid and then as a whinging teenager would be much more bareable if we know he's going to turn into a complete psycho. Plus it will be interesting to see the death of the Jedi order.

"Our ass kicked it is. Hide on swamp planet I must."

As soon as they're part of their own little trilogy it shouldn't be too bad. But you're right, they'll never be as good as the orignals or LOTR.

with the exception of the gungan battle with the droids
which is silly looks fake the phantom menace is a great movie

Aotc is pretty dire. if it werent for Obe's scenes then it would have been utterly awful

Darth vader came to be because of teen angst come on
what happened to all the " he was tempted by the power of the darkside"

Originally posted by Rich1978

Agreed, and the murmourings are that this will be the case.

Originally posted by mattruston
the two newer star wars film are absolutely brilliant. ive tried for nearly 4 years to make myself dislike both phantom menace and attack of the clones but i just cant anymore. IMHO i think they are fantastically astounding as someone said to me (cant remember who) LOTR would dearly love to be the star wars for our generation

I have corrected your original post with the words in red :smashin:.

Originally posted by Rich1978

You could always just turn the 'contrast' down on your TV :D :rolleyes: :blush: ... I'll get mi coat... :suicide:

Originally posted by Lex
You could always just turn the 'contrast' down on your TV :D :rolleyes: :blush: ... I'll get mi coat... :suicide:

Stay, stay, stay, stay:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

plot holes don't matter if you like a film (artistic licence), if you don't like a film then the internet nearly breaks

WARNING MAY SPOIL RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK.

WARNING MAY SPOIL RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK.

She's wrong though.

It was Indy who located the map room. And had the head of the shaft which was the right length. And located the location of the Lost Ark.
Without him the Nazis would still be digging up half of Egypt!

She's wrong though.

It was Indy who located the map room. And had the head of the shaft which was the right length. And located the location of the Lost Ark.
Without him the Nazis would still be digging up half of Egypt!
was the staff a one off or could the Nazi have made it?

was the staff a one off or could the Nazi have made it?

The length of the staff was the key which was defined on the bronze medallion, and Toht had the measurements burned into his hand after he put his hand on the medallion in the burning pub in Tibet. But the other side of the medallion had a subtraction to the length of the staff which completely changed the location of the Arks burial place in the map room. I'm pretty sure only one copy of the medallion existed and Marion/Indy had it.

(2.45 in the video).

The Nazis had already found the map room. It was already open, & Indy just sneaked into the map room.

What the Nazis didn't have was the medallion, hence why the staff they used was the wrong length. If Indy wasn't in the film, the Nazis would've got the medallion from Marian in Nepal, & had the correct staff & found the ark themselves.

(2.45 in the video).

The Nazis had already found the map room. It was already open, & Indy just sneaked into the map room.

What the Nazis didn't have was the medallion, hence why the staff they used was the wrong length. If Indy wasn't in the film, the Nazis would've got the medallion from Marian in Nepal, & had the correct staff & found the ark themselves.
How did the Nazi's know to go to Marion.

BTW if not for Indiana Jones there wouldn't have been an enjoyable film, which was the whole point of the film.

How did the Nazi's know to go to Marion.

BTW if not for Indiana Jones there wouldn't have been an enjoyable film, which was the whole point of the film.
Well it's established that the Nazis know about Marion's dad being an expert on the Ark (in the initial conversation with the 2 government officials). Probably that French archaeologist Belloq told them about Ravenwood.

It's also clear that Indy has had no contact with Marion & her dad for a number of years (especially since Indy didn't know he was dead), so since he headed straight for Nepal that's either where the Ravenwood family have lived a long time, or it's been 'reported' that's where he was (either in archeological journals/newspapers etc) or he heard it through the grapevine. Either way, it might've taken a little longer to find her, but I doubt it would've stumped the Nazis for too long.

If only Raiders was as flawless as Pride & Prejudice :(

:D:p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom