Who can post pics of the Sony KDFE50A12 in action ?

shadieb.
we ordered from the sony centre in newport

polygon_monkey said:
From looking at the specs/physical appearance and the model number it appears our A12 is the UK version of the US A10. There is a 150 page thread on this TV on the avsforum : http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=562185

Can anyone confirm this? I found the manual for the A10 which is nice as I couldn't find one for the A12.

In Finland we have the same set but with the model A11, maybe something to do with different type of tuners required in different European countries (you britons like to go your own way usually :) ). The same A11 model is being sold in Germany as well.

I went to Comet today and they had the sony with the sagem and samsung on either side and the demo was hi def, the sony won for me there doing no favours to the other sets given the price. The missus is in agrement (bloody hell!) and it looks like were getting one from John Lewis for £1395 with a 5 year warrenty but ive not finnished shopping arond yet...cant wait..Battle star galactica in hi def ohhhhh yes :rotfl: :thumbsup: P.S. will be taking my Denon A11 to comet on monday for a demo with hdmi will let all know how it looks later that day.

logiclee said:
The VGA input is located on the side
Arggghh :eek: It's not a good news for my HTPC !!!

logiclee said:
I'll get some pics up later.
Thank you in advance Lee !
(if you can shot all the inputs, I would be very happy ...)

Can anyone post a pic of the Sony (normal digital SD broadcast, DVD-movie and a computer game) in normal room lightning, I don't think I've seen one yet (all have been in darkened rooms).

jp_pick said:
Arggghh :eek: It's not a good news for my HTPC !!!

Thank you in advance Lee !
(if you can shot all the inputs, I would be very happy ...)

Why is that such a bad thing?

I'm thinking of using my pc as a HTPC (its got everything but a decent graphics card, but NVidia assure me mine will do the job!

shodan said:
Why is that such a bad thing?
There is no technical problem ... It's only esthetic : I (and my wife) doesn't want to see any cable !
Why do they put the VGA input on the side ?!? (it's located on the back on the A10 US version ...)

Btw, whats the contrast & brigthness values for this model? Havent seen those anywhere.

jp_pick said:
There is no technical problem ... It's only esthetic : I (and my wife) doesn't want to see any cable !
Why do they put the VGA input on the side ?!? (it's located on the back on the A10 US version ...)

oH RIGHT, FAIR ENOUGH THEN!!!

Logiclee, Can you give me a mesurement from floor to top of TV I may have an issue on the hight of this set intruding on my pj screen. :eek:

woodmaster said:
Logiclee, Can you give me a mesurement from floor to top of TV I may have an issue on the hight of this set intruding on my pj screen. :eek:
Well thats just showing off and being greedy!!! :rotfl:

woodmaster said:
That's the problem I have too...I remember reading on the other thread that the set is 1300mm tall when on it's stand.

I'm looking into the 42" version if I can find a new position for my center speaker.

Cheers, Lee

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom