Who can post pics of the Sony KDFE50A12 in action ?

J

Jperf

Hi all in the title :hiya:

Thanks in advance for me and the others future owners of this beast :smashin:

I'll try and get some posted later tonight after my wifes gone to bed. ;)

Cheers
Lee

Ok then,

Firstly my photographic skills are not good and my camera is even worse but I think you will get the picture. ;)

I've read on another thread that some DLP sets were struggling with Ch4 Lost this week. Well on the Sony it looked awesome with no colour banding, blocking or pixelation.

Here's a couple of pics.

Cheers
Lee

Attachments

• NewHC1 004 (Medium).jpg
    NewHC1 004 (Medium).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 458
  • NewHC1 005 (Medium).jpg
    NewHC1 005 (Medium).jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 406
A few shots of XMen 2.

Still on 575i until the Denon 1920 arrives. :(

Cheers
Lee

Attachments

• NewHC2 001 (Medium).jpg
    NewHC2 001 (Medium).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 371
  • NewHC2 002 (Medium).jpg
    NewHC2 002 (Medium).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 358
  • NewHC2 003 (Medium).jpg
    NewHC2 003 (Medium).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 334
  • NewHC2 005 (Medium).jpg
    NewHC2 005 (Medium).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 340
The pictures look very good :)

Definitely going to try and track down a 42" this weekend to audition. Also have a Denon 2910 to hook up via HDMI

Nice pics, mate :thumbsup:

Out of interest, what is your normal viewing distance?

How does the TV cope in daylight?

Just looked at how the pictures look. They were taken in the dark, no flash, at 2meg and then downscaled to an 800X600 jpg.

They don't show the Sony's ability to produce a deep rich almost 3D image especially with strong colours.
I've spent most of today looking at TV's again with my parents, with a deep strong image the 3LCD technology is better than DLP in my opinion.

DLP does have the edge when it comes to extracting detail from dark scenes.

As ever you decide. :)

My mum decided she wanted a KDFE42A12U but my Dad stood his ground and ordered the 50" version.
The didn't like the boxy design of the Samsung 6's and the 7 was too wide.
The Sagem 50 was also ruled to to its strange speaker like base.
Well that's Mum's for your. ;)

Cheers
Lee

daKlone said:
Nice pics, mate :thumbsup:

Out of interest, what is your normal viewing distance?

How does the TV cope in daylight?

I can tell you exactly as we've been measuring up all day to see if a 50" would be OK at my parents.

Depending on which seat you chose the distance is betwwen 8ft and 12ft.

Even at 50% contrast levels the TV is fine in daylight. The screen does pick up reflections though.

Cheers
Lee

great pictures lee :thumbsup: ,dvd with hdmi looks pretty good i tried it a few weeks ago,as so does HD,i would say hidef stuff looked better on that set than the 50" sony £5500 plasma in my shop :smashin:

When I ordered mine they had the £5799 50" Plasma at the side of a KDFE50A12U, both were running the same high def images.

The Plasma looked a little brighter but that's the only difference I could tell.

Cheers
Lee

Lee could you please tell us wether the screen is made of glass or not??

I have KF42SX200 which i am going to pass onto my parents if the KDFE50A12 is as good as it looks?
The one thing I like about my 42 is the glass screen, it makes it seem more TV like.
I used to have a cheap Samsung CRT rear projection and that had a really plastic screen that flapped when you pressed it which always felt tacky.

By the way it might be a really hard plastic rather then glass but it gives the impression of it being a proper glass screen if you get what I mean?

The main problem up to now is the only place with stock is John Lewis and its nearly £1400 :( Still it does have a 5 year guarantee.

Many thanks. Paul.

i thought the plasma was a bit more grainy but the shocking thing is its £4k more :eek: the picture isnt certainly worth £4k more

Guys

No picture taken "off-screen" I have ever seen published on the forums can come close to giving any idea of what any set is like "in the flesh".

First of all they are by their very nature softened and under or over exposed to a certain extent, screen "flicker" (even on freeze frame) is captured by the camera thus adding its own degradation to the image, then the file sizes are drastically compressed in order to upload them to this site, with the end result a none-too accurate pic about one hundredth the size of the actual screen.

No picture of this type that I have seen has ever conveyed an image that I would consider acceptable quality from a TV, be it plasma, DLP, LCD or front-pro. Not the fault of the sets, but the result of the inability of a photo to convey the true image. This is why no manufacturer ever tries to show a real on-screen pic in their product adverts.

shadieb said:
Lee could you please tell us wether the screen is made of glass or not??
Many thanks. Paul.

The screen is plastic but it is quite solid.

Cheers
Lee

the_pauley said:
Guys

No picture taken "off-screen" I have ever seen published on the forums can come close to giving any idea of what any set is like "in the flesh".

Totaly agree. :thumbsup:

Cheers
Lee

Hello all I'm new to this site and and the world of hd tv in general. :rolleyes:
I have just ordered my KDFE50A12 and it's comming on tuseday :clap: .
What does everyone think of this model, is it easy to instal and how old is this model I know I should have asked this in store but I was overwhelmed :oops:

manics2003 said:
Hello all I'm new to this site and and the world of hd tv in general. :rolleyes:
What does everyone think of this model, is it easy to instal and how old is this model I know I should have asked this in store but I was overwhelmed :oops:

The Sony KDFE50A12 is a new model, only been out a few weeks.

It is very simple to setup and has full auto install.

Have a look at these two threads.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249926

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253651

Cheers
Lee

logiclee said:
Here's a couple of pics.
Thank a lot for your pictures Lee !

I would like to know where the VGA input is located ... do you think it's possible to make some pictures of the back of the TV ?

jp_pick said:
Thank a lot for your pictures Lee !

I would like to know where the VGA input is located ... do you think it's possible to make some pictures of the back of the TV ?

The VGA input is located on the side. I'll get some pics up later.

Cheers
Lee

Thanks Lee, I have ordered one from John Lewis. I just hope it doesn't take them too long to get back in touch to arrange a delivery date.

I meant to say earlier that the KF42SX200 screen I have is actually made of plastic but appears like a piece of glass.

Cheers. :)

manics2003 said:

Hi Mancs2003,

Where did you order from to get delivery for Tuesday?

I ordered from John Lewis last night but haven't heard anything yet. Hoping they ring us soon to arrange a date?

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom