Who allows you to demo a PJ at home ?

mazzymx6

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone know anywhere who will let me demo a pj at my home (so I can see if I Im happy with the picture and to see if I will suffer from rainbows/eyestrain etc)

I live in Gloucester, so anywhere near Chelt / Bristol / Cardiff / Birmingham would be fine for me to visit

Thanks for your help

mazzy

mayby ive got the wrong end of the stick. I thought i saw some people on the forum recommending that potential purchasers could take the pj home to test it to see if they liked it / suffer from eyestrain.

Ive just had a demo of the optoma H30a, it was small, quiet, gave a good picture and in my price bracket, but then i started noticing more and more of the rainbow effect. :(

I demoed the film gladiator and really noticed the rainbows on the bit where they carry the gladitor on a cart (where hes got maggots in his arm), then whenever i focused on on side of the screen and then looked over to the other side of the screen i saw rainbows :(

shame

looks like i can only go for lcd or crt models (as i dont think i could live with the rainbow issue)

so i guess that only leaves the sony HS50 or the barco 808 crt model. anybody seen these babies in a shop so i can demo them anywhere near gloucester (eg Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff)

cheers for your help guys

mazzy

Mazzy there are loads of other PJs for you took look at there are loads of CRTs and LCD (AE700, Z3), also the H30 is a cheap DLP better units have faster colour wheels and more segments, (there are also 3 chip DLP which have no whell and as such no rainbow) so demo as many as possible, sevenoaks in bristol have PJ on demo (whiteladies IIRC ther eare lots of forum members and other dealers in those areas. Music matters in Solihull, to name one one or two

Foxy

What do you think of the AE700, is the picture good ? is it quiet ? do you have a screen ?

thanks for your help

mazzy

pity u arent after a z2, as i live in hardwicke/glos and could offer a demo of that....................... i gave up trying to demo last year round these parts there just isnt the places (sevenoaks bristol, panasonic shop just up past toysrus and a sony centre at the mall cribbs causeway is all i could find)

regards
jason

With the camera swooping over the roof tops in Gladiator towards the colosseum…look to the bottom right hand of the frame and visible is RAINBOW larger than life… :confused:

How do you get rid of it?

Ashley….

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom