1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who actually bothers installing there monitor driver?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by meansizzler, Oct 10, 2005.

1. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    Just wondering, does anyone bother installing there monitor driver, does anyone even know there monitor has a driver?, I always install it to get the right colour profile and resolution listings, but who else does?, also was wondering do them LCD TV's or them Plasma or DLP screens ship with drivers?, or do you not need one?, if you don't have a monitor driver installed then when you right click on the desktop and select "Properties" go to the "Settings" tab your diaplay will be listed as "Default display", if your driver is installed then your display will be listed as the name of it eg "IBM L150P" anyway you can find most monitor drivers on the manufacturers website...

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,859
    I installed my Hansol monitor. When I switch over to my Panasonic PTAE100 projector. It shows PTAE100 in the display properties. No driver was necessary or one exists afaik.

3. mr jones

mr jones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    i have yeh, id far rather run the correct driver for everything rather than the one windows uses as standard, it can only make something work better!

4. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    Good point - just checked both my pc's and windows detected my plasma, and tft monitor correctly..

lisa

5. The Dude

The Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,417
    XP should detect most monitors apart from really new kit, The XP default monitor driver seems to do a resaonable job if not, but always worth checking...

6. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    Yes but xp won't give you the colour profile for your monitor, that's where installing the driver comes in use...