White Walls OK?

• Thread starter Deleted member 380232
  • Start date
Hi

can you put some pics with the border on please

cheers Allan

I use a cheapo Non-HD epson tw20, i dont have a screen, its a white wall and i use black tape for borders...and i have no complaints about my image at all...only that i wish i had a HD projector lol Honestly, ive seen some people spend hundreds on screens and i have a better image on my not so clean white wall.

Heres some pics

Attachments

• rsz_DSC_0023.jpg
    rsz_DSC_0023.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC01455.jpg
    DSC01455.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 196
The dealer who just sold me my JVC HD1 also sold me Vogels's screen paint kit having convinced me it was as good as most screens. He could quite easily have flogged me an expensive screen so I assume he must have a reasonable amount of experience. I only got the kit this weekend and haven't had chance to paint the wall yet - it involves a number of coats of paint!

Well after months of having an off-white wall today i finally bought a tin of Pure Brilliant Matte White Paint, bog standard stuff, cost me £6. I applied 2 coats and there is a nice difference :clap: Go Team Me! :clap:

I use a cheapo Non-HD epson tw20, i dont have a screen, its a white wall and i use black tape for borders...and i have no complaints about my image at all...only that i wish i had a HD projector lol Honestly, ive seen some people spend hundreds on screens and i have a better image on my not so clean white wall.

Heres some pics

That looks great Andy. :thumbsup:

I use dulux ice storm 6 for the past 18months and the pics as good as any screen i've seen.

As it happens, I painted over a white wall this weekend using Dulux grey steel 4 (very light grey). I've been presently surprised by the improvement, particularly in contrast. I only needed a sampler tin from B&Q to do the screen area, so the total cost was around £2.50.
For that amount of money, gotta be worth a punt.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom