1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

white vertical banding. HELP!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cooperdude, Oct 30, 2003.

1. cooperdude

cooperdude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a Panasonic T28PS12C with an SCMT1 DVD home cinema kit. I connected it up with a SCART lead I had wth my old TV. When I loaded up a DVD there were vertical bands down the left and half way across the right side of the screen which made the affected area lighter by quite a bit.

The first thing was to check the brightness, colour and contrast controls and I was able to eradicate most of the lightning but this made normal television pitcures look completely wrong.
    I upgraded my SCART lead to a Gold plated model especially for 100Hz tvs and this made very little if no difference at all.

What would be causing these bands to appear, obviously it's from the DVD player but my Xbox doesn't make these bands appear and I've even tried using the S-Video cable that came with the DVD but the bands appear in different places.

Is this a manufacturers fault, i.e. should I take it back to the store I bought it from or is it likely to be something I've done or doing wrong.
    Thanks