1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White Turntable ?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by ppp65, Oct 21, 2005.

1. ppp65

ppp65
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    OK, as age catches up with me I think it's time to sell my trusty Technics SL1210s and mixer and replace with a single turntable that has higher WAF factor! I'm hoping to get £500 for the decks so I have that much to spend on a single replacement turntable.

Please help with my shortlist. I am looking for a white or clear turntable but all I can find so far is the Project Debut in white. Any other turntables I should consider?

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,147
    Rega P3 comes in white. Clear turntables can be had from a few sources- Clearaudio and Pro-ject spring to mind. You can buy big metal ones from Transroter and other such sources as well.

3. koshatnik

koshatnik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, rega p3 is a stunning turntable for the price and they do a range in various coloured glass and clear glass I'm sure is there.

4. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Clearaudio Emotion, do an acrylic type £655 TT called the Emotion, a white opaque finish that is quite simply the best looking deck below £1000 IMHO, I would be definately be investiagting this TT. Alos the Project RPM9 @ £1000. And a new TT on the block is the "Funk" TT featured in the latest HFN, from the man behind Pink Triangles TTs of old. £1000 again. but its a defo love/hate type asthetic I would say. More here >>>

http://www.noteworthyaudio.co.uk/Bristol2005.html

5. ppp65

ppp65
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks guys. The Rega does look very nice from the pictures online. I will try to find a shop locally that has them. £500 is definitely my limit.

6. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    http://www.craneaudio.com/audio-systems/turntables/clearaudio-emotion.asp

A better deck than a P3, better performance - better looks (IMHO) - better full.

Go on dude, just slightly above £500.