1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White stripe when using sony dav-s550

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by mobily, Oct 8, 2004.

1. mobily

mobily
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello all,

Just finished watching the others on the sony and noticed that there is a white stripe about an inch long on the right hand side of the screen. It's not bright white but quite noticeable, particularly on this dvd because of the many dark scenes in the film.

I have tried it with other dvd's and it's now quite noticeable and annoying. The only way to improve it is to stretch the picture so that the stripe is out of view using the TV settings, however I feel this is just masking the problem.

This may seem really picky but when you notice something like that you can't take your eyes off it and it really detracts from the enjoyment of what you are watching. When the scenes are daylight you can't see it but as soon as dark scenes appear so does the white stripe.

Does anyone else get this problem with the sony dav-s550? Is it worth having it looked at or shall I put up with it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

James :)

2. mobily

mobily
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Any help anyone can give me on this would be greatly appreciated. Is it a feature of the sony?

Kind regards,

James :)