1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White PSP and firmware 2.0

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Steven, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,220
    http://gaming.engadget.com/entry/1234000997051360/

I know there's another thread on this...but that just has pics....

white?! after I just preordered a value pack....better not look as nice as the black in real life....grrrr :D

P.S sidenote: Sony Europe have won and have stopped sites selling PSPs to UK pre-Sept. Nuplayer.co.uk have had to pay "substantial" costs + profit. They've also had to handover remaining stock, details of sales, supplier data and "some" customer data.

Beware. Sony know where you live. (if you bought from above site)

Edit: reckon the firmware will change in time for UK launch? and will white colour make it in stores quickly?

2. peteyoung

peteyoung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    September 15th white hits the stores in Japan. If it makes it over here it'll no doubt be as late as christmas, even if it makes it over here. The ceramic white slim ps2 hasnt made it over here as far as i know, thats out in japan :confused: and has been for a while as far as i know. no doubt US will get it but we wont! lol id prefer it not to come out over here so i cant hate myself for not waitin for it hehe

3. monkeyspank

monkeyspank
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think the black one looks much nicer but I'm more concerned about what it can do and not what colour it is.

I doubt Sony got that much info out of Nuplayer. From my dealings with them I get the distinct feeling that they didn't keep many records :)

4. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Either way, what are they going to do with the data? They can't come and take your PSP off you.

5. captainH

captainH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    I read somewhere on another site that the only demanded the names and addresses of people who had ordered 5 or more so I suppose they are after the people selling them on through ebay etc. Seems like more hassle than it's worth if you ask me.

6. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,220
    fair enough.....

Sony are either looking after own interests and don't want Euro launch harmed too much

Or

Are being incredibly spiteful and vindictive :D

7. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Actually, the US are less likely to get it. The only PS2 colour they got was black. The UK and Europe got, to my memory, Black, Blue, Silver and Red. There may have been limited edition yellows and greens too.

I had to laugh when I read a quote from Sony in gamesTM this month. Something about it not going to come after people who got their PSP on 'the black market'. The black market? Melodramatic, anyone?

Sony are just selfish. The PSP has been out for close to a year in Japan now. They should take it as a compliment that people are buying from abroad. They're not losing anything, as the PSPs still have to be bought from them. I may not be buying a PSP on launch in Ireland, but I'll be getting Burnout and probably, Everybodys Golf.

8. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,220
    yes it does take the p___ when you consider the PSP came out in DEC 04 in jap...MARCH 05 for US/Can.....yet we don't get it till SEPT 05

I think the official reason for ensuring enough stock for Euro lauch plus demand in Jap/US pushing Euro launch back is poor as well