1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White not white enough on Sharp LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Loewe, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Loewe

Loewe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I get more and more annoyed over the color-balance on my LC37GA4. At a certain level of luminance (near full light) it gets at tiny bit pink (too much red).

Eg a lamp against a wall gets a pink cirle around it, white T-shirts are suddenly pink, at least parts, in a certain light. And bright faces and even parts of the sky or clouds in the middle of the day get pinkish.

No help in turning the color-temperature up towards blue since it affects the whole light-scale. DVI seems OK, only TV and analog inputs seems affected.

I guess/hope this can be fixed via the service menu? Or via newer firmware?

2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    I would give Sharp a call and demand a fix for this. I'm sure it'll easily be correctable in the service menu.

If they don't help you, lurk around at www.avsforum.com - I recall there's some service mode info there.

3. Loewe

Loewe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know how to enter the service menu on Sharp LC37ga4? Or most important; is it possible to correct the problem from here? I guess one needs a color-temperature meter to fine-tune this accurately anyhow.

The pink tint is barely visible. It shows also when I turn the colors off (B&W). It affects a certain point/area in the grayscale, near full luminance/white, and shifts from one grayscale-bar to the next when I turn the contrast or brightness up or down.

4. Loewe

Loewe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It seems DVI is also affected, so it's a "global" issue after all. Maybe I am to picky, neither my wife ar anybody else has noticed (but I haven't mentioned it either). I see it all the time, though, in bright scenes. Things that ought to be white/light grey are a tiny bit pinkish. Irritating. Anybody; Service menu please! Or is this (im)possible to correct at all?

5. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think in a sharp you can correct this from the user menu. I don't have the manual handy anymore (as in the end I bought the Philips 9986) but I remember that there were r/g/b level settings somewhere.

6. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    So you should be, these screens are still very expensive.