• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

White noise on Sky + problem

Pez942

Standard Member
I've done a quick search and found simliar problems with no definative answer.

First of all my set up is as follows

Sharp Aquos 42" lcd tv
Sky + (Pace box)
Sony G900 theatre stand.

My tv is connected via HDMI to the input HDMI on the G900.

My Sky + is connected via scart on ext 1 on the tv and via an optical cable from the pace box to the optical input to the G900.

Everything was working fine until I purchased my Harmony one remote yesterday. Now when rewinding or pausing there is constant white noise coming from my amp. When i change channels on sky there is also a brief bit of white noise before the channels sound kicks in. If i turn the background noise off in the sky guide there is constant white noise while in the EPG.

If i mute my amp and play the sound through my tv speakers then the problem disappears.

Hope i've explained that so it makes sense to someone.

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
Are you saying that this problem only occurred after the use of a Harmony remote, (whatever that is)?

What happens if you go back to your original configuration?

Pez942

Standard Member
I had the same problem when going back to my original set up.

Not to worry now as I have sorted it. The good old turn everything off at the mains for a few minutes seems to have sorted out whatever the problem was.

Thanks for the reply though.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom