White Noise from Sky+

D

dj_johnnyg

Hi All,

I've tried to search for this issue, but not quite sure what keywords to use. So if this is a topic of discussion already, the firstly I apologise, and secondly, if you could point me in the right direction, I would be most greatful.

The Issue I am having occured about 1 week ago. When going to one of the menu screens (Guide, servives interactive etc...) or exiting them, and also on changing channel, the skybox seems to output a short burst of white noise, until the picture or screen pops up, and then normal sound is resumed.

I have a Pace V2 box, which is about 2 years old (Had from new), and is connected to the amp via Optical.

Obviously taking the optical lead out stops the noise, but also stops the sound from the programme being watched (Probably the best way to watch BBC's latest TV Triumph starring Andrew LLoyd Webber).

Any Ideas???

Cheers

John

If, as you say, it's only occurred once, a week ago, I wouldn't worry.

Sorry I wasn't totally clear...

This issue is still ongoing. It started a week ago, and is still happening now.

Any Ideas????

Yep, exactly the same thing here.

For me i think it started when they did the software update when the radio stations changed numbers to 0101, 0102 etc.

No idea what to do about it. I just hope Sky will fix it in the next software update. Soon.

I was watching the end of a film on Movies 2 last night (which was in DD), and when I pressed Guide, I didn't get the blast of white noise.

I thought that the problem may have rectified itself, but no, it still does it.

Anyone:lease:

Problem solved! I had to power down my Sky yesterday (moving everything around to make way for my new plasma :) ), and after restarting, the sound is fine again :clap: .

Should have done this before but there you go.

Let us know if this works for you.

We had a power cut on sunday, and this seems to have solved the problem too:clap: .

Wonder what caused it???

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom