I seriously am starting to believe the re-brand rumours following this though. They obviously can't get production costs on the unibodies low enough to hit the $999 price point so I can see them having the whitebook and maybe bringing back the blackbook as the only macbooks available and having the Macbook Pro available in 13" 15" and 17". It kinda makes sense in my head anyway lol.I doubt it. Just a drying up of the 2 Ghz CPUs I suspect.
Same ram but now the 800Mhz variety (only a tiny difference in reality), if they don't charge you a re-stocking fee then I would exchange it TBH.Hmmm that a little annoying I just purchased a White Macbook for my daughter last week
I wonder if its worth taking back and exchanging it. I think they have a 14 day exchange policy.
I notices it still has DDR2 Ram.
I think you misunderstand me, its likely the spec has changed because Intel has either given notice they will discontinue the 2Ghz or the price they offer the 2.13 for has decreased to 2Ghz levels.Then why not leave it as 2Ghz and just decrease the price, making it more appealing, rather than charging more (in the UK at least)?
Yer we had a bit of a result actually. We just took my daughters white MacBook back which I purchased last week under education discount.Don't panic! Phone Apple and as long as its within 14 days of the launch they'll swap them FOC.
Incorrect. It's an anomaly that under the Distance Selling Regulations if you buy something sight unseen over the Internet or Mail Order that you may return it within 7 working days for any reason but if you buy in a shop you have no such right. Of course in the interests of good customer relations many stores will exchange.Doesn't matter, if you bought it from a retailer you're entitled to return it within 14 days, it's your consumer rights
The ipod deal runs all the way til september so unless you need the macbook now most things point towards them being updated very soon.is it likely the alu macbook will get the processor upgrade too ? just about to buy a macbook and wondered whether to hold off to see if the alu gets upgraded or just go for it seeing as you can get a free ipod just now
I am macless having sold my imac but i could use a dreaded PC for now and hold off to see what happens.The ipod deal runs all the way til september so unless you need the macbook now most things point towards them being updated very soon.