"White Lives Matter" - racist?

brand-dark.svg
About our ads

You may also like

Unfortunately
peaceful protestors invariably are hijacked by peoples out to take advantage of the situation, therefore trumps words of when the looting starts the shooting starts is no real surprise. And now they've voted to disband the police in minneapolis (gosh I wonder what will happen ).There's a percentage of peoples who want what normal peoples want and there's the rest.
You don't know what anachists are in that case you're using the term as a shorthand. I'm not saying people didn't hijack the BLM protests in the US but they weren't anarchists, they were white supremacist and police officers who were trying to discredit the protests. There were also people who were trying to take advantage of the chaos and went about looting.

Last edited:
You have no life experience of living as a black person in the US. Why don't you spend some time researching it rather than your rather limited bizarre generalisations.
Put yourself in a black persons shoes for a second, how safe would you feel if you were stopped by the US police. Not very I would suspect

You just have to look at the fear in this man's face... I agree with your statement.

Using the word 'lynching' in this context, as a joke is not right. Sorry it just isn't.
Ahem, I repeated those from the quote. And I actually put it in context unlike the poster I quoted it from as I also don't like the link. And it wasn't a joke either. Dude, you need to work on your comprehension, you seriously got the wrong end of the stick.

Edit @16F4 amazing you liked @sneakyweeone post considering it was you who brought that awful phrase in the discussion. Another big comprehension fail it seems :facepalm:

Ahem, I repeated those from the quote. And I actually put it in context unlike the poster I quoted it from as I also don't like the link. And it wasn't a joke either. Dude, you need to work on your comprehension, you seriously got the wrong end of the stick.

Edit @16F4 amazing you liked @sneakyweeone post considering it was you who brought that awful phrase in the discussion. Another big comprehension fail it seems :facepalm:
Nothing wrong with my comprehension of what you said. I think you need to re read your post. It is clearly, as you say, in the context of the discussion an awful phrase and no one should use it.. And I'm glad you have made that clear.
Sometimes what we write, on occasion doesn't quite come across as we think it is intended.

Nothing wrong with my comprehension of what you said. I think you need to re read your post. It is clearly, as you say, in the context of the discussion an awful phrase and no one should use it.. And I'm glad you have made that clear.
Sometimes what we write, on occasion doesn't quite come across as we think it is intended.
Take it up with the original poster ;)

Why would you think he owes you the truth? You tell someone what he wants to hear and they leave you alone. Sorry, but he was telling you to piss off.
Perhaps he's just a normal lad without a chip on his shoulder.

Take it up with the original poster ;)
brand-dark.svg
About our ads
You may also like
you are a seriously bad arsehole you deserve a lynching in a figure of speech.
I took offence to this which is what you typed and it felt what you were saying was almost making a joke of it with your 'pun intended' later in your response
No one deserves a lynching I think we can all agree to that, infact you agreed yourself.
The original poster used the example correctly in my view because if your black in the US there is a real threat of being lynched, though these days the police just shoot you instead.
I'm not trying to fall out with anyone, I'm sorry people are not understanding what I'm getting at here.

if your black in the US there is a real threat of being lynched
Really? How many black people have been lynched in the US in the last ten years? I honestly don't know, but I would have thought we would be hearing about such things.

Fair enough perhaps hyperbole from me but people do live in fear, even going for their dinner racism and fear exists. Black people in the US live with it everyday.

I think I'm finished with this thread. I knew I should never got involved but a couple of gins overruled my head!

Last edited:
brand-dark.svg
About our ads

You may also like

I took offence to this which is what you typed and it felt what you were saying was almost making a joke of it with your 'pun intended' later in your response
No one deserves a lynching I think we can all agree to that, infact you agreed yourself.
The original poster used the example correctly in my view because if your black in the US there is a real threat of being lynched, though these days the police just shoot you instead.
I'm not trying to fall out with anyone, I'm sorry people are not understanding what I'm getting at here.
I get what you are getting at, absolutely. Hence I added in a figure of speech. Lynching was absolutely terrible and represents a very dark period especially in the context of racial tensions in American history. But in the current day context that is thankfully no longer the case. And I took getting lynched in the verbal context as it is often being used. Even went on to clarify that as well, yet somehow you seem to jump on my post in response to the other chap who actually introduced it. Now why is that?

I get what you are getting at, absolutely. Hence I added in a figure of speech. Lynching was absolutely terrible and represents a very dark period especially in the context of racial tensions in American history. But in the current day context that is thankfully no longer the case. And I took getting lynched in the verbal context as it is often being used. Even went on to clarify that as well, yet somehow you seem to jump on my post in response to the other chap who actually introduced it. Now why is that?
Thanks for the explanation. I've explained what I saw and I'm sorry you feel I've misjudged your post.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Really? How many black people have been lynched in the US in the last ten years? I honestly don't know, but I would have thought we would be hearing about such things.
Ahmad Aubrey was a lynching. Interesting article by CNN about lynching in America, and it also covers a good discussion about how it affects targeted communities.

Guess we will have to see what the FBI makes of these two apparent suicides closed down by local cops.

Also one of the ( suicide ?) victims half brother was shot and killed by police a week later .

Thats some bad luck, then some .

They cant even pass a law that makes it a federal crime.and we only hear about a fraction of what goes on in the us.they are good at not reporting a lot of what matters.

They cant even pass a law that makes it a federal crime.and we only hear about a fraction of what goes on in the us.they are good at not reporting a lot of what matters.
When in many those doing the lynching (or the equivalent) are also those responsible for investigating said lynching it's not hard to see why.

Sorry, I think you exaggerate a little. I have been to the USA a couple of times, Atlanta in fact and the friend we stayed with is black. The only experience we had was being served by surly black people in restaurants/breakfast/lunch. They seemed to resent serving us, needless to say we also met some nice black people who didn't have a chip on their shoulder and bang on about slavery. Didn't see any lynching but did see a police officer abused by some immigrants from Mexico.
That's certainly putting your experience in black and white. I'm curious, though, whether the "immigrants from Mexico" were really (a) immigrants and (b) from Mexico.

That's certainly putting your experience in black and white. I'm curious, though, whether the "immigrants from Mexico" were really (a) immigrants and (b) from Mexico.
we've been waiting for those answers :)
Just out of interest how did you know they were immigrants and how did you know they were Mexican?

we've been waiting for those answers :)

Been to the US and never had a problem. Two black women who worked in our hotel were really friendly. That was in New York, and stayed in the New Yorker hotel, 38 st 8 Ave. After walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, a black guy pointed me in the right direction to get the metro train back to 8 avenue. Never had a problem with anyone on the west coast. However the hotel staff in Los Angeles told us not to venture into South Central LA. Never met any cops, but I do recall an incident about 8/10 years ago. 4 cops having a coffee in a small restaurant were all shot dead by a black gunman who just walked upto them and opened fire. It was all captured on tv and the gunman was eventually traced to his home, were he was shot dead. I dont think the problem will ever be solved, between the police and the public. Its so sad as it really is a great country.

Where is your proof its racism by the state? Or you talking USA which I don't know enough about? I'd say not in UK, just individual racist we have to tackle and likely a few in the police force.
Its systemic marginalisation and economic restrictions on sections of society through political prejudice.

When did you learn about the true atrocities of the slave trade in school... that the 1st bit of evidence...

I struggled as to how to say this because it does feel harsh to use the term racism, but that is exactly what it boils down to...

To not acknowledge the differential treatment of an individual or section of society due to their skin colour or ethnic origin, is racist.

The UKs goverments have not tackled integration of communities and taught tolerance and acceptance.

As for white live matter, of course they do. But no more or less that ant other ethnic group. And it's right to recognise that some need a helping hand to be on level terms they are marginalised or in minority groups.

****s like him should never be tolerated. They spread divisions and discord and are simply afraid of anyone or anything diferent.

I think you'll find with a little research, feminism/lgbt are currently at war with each other.
And not all women are feminists either, another western construct.

BLM wording implies that society thinks that Black lives don't actually matter. It's a controversial slogan based phrase to either raise awareness or make a political point.
That black lives have been or are under existential threat from everyone who has existed in the past, present and future.
The best indicator of future events is the past.... are you denying black people have not been marginalised and treated inhumanely in the past and in some sections still are....?

Am I right in thinking that was a trick the Nazi's got up to? Rewriting history (burning and rewriting books) and denying the past in order to create the illusion of a new future....?

Been to the US and never had a problem. Two black women who worked in our hotel were really friendly. That was in New York, and stayed in the New Yorker hotel, 38 st 8 Ave. After walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, a black guy pointed me in the right direction to get the metro train back to 8 avenue. Never had a problem with anyone on the west coast. However the hotel staff in Los Angeles told us not to venture into South Central LA. Never met any cops, but I do recall an incident about 8/10 years ago. 4 cops having a coffee in a small restaurant were all shot dead by a black gunman who just walked upto them and opened fire. It was all captured on tv and the gunman was eventually traced to his home, were he was shot dead. I dont think the problem will ever be solved, between the police and the public. Its so sad as it really is a great country.
The gulf between races in the US is enormous and doesn't seem to be getting any better. Public servants in the US are best avoided, black or white. Been over there quite a lot and like you never had any trouble with blacks. Once they hear your accent. A couple of incidents I've witnessed.
Police in San Francisco taking down a white guy and it was brutal. In Newark Airport queued up for a coffee, the man in front of me was white American. The girls working in the cafe were all black. He asked for a coffe and they served it cold. When he complained the server said "I'm not your N*****." He walked off and she asked what I wanted, told her a coffee. Mine came out fresh and hot. There is such a lack of trust between races! One last comment. Staying in Carmel, rented a small house from a Canadian woman. She said in a town not far away there were constant drive by shootings. They were between Latino and black gangs. Houses targeted and sprayed with bullets.

I have been to the us several times.i am not a great fan and never saw anything to suggest its a great country.i also didnt see any racist activity but that doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
Racism is also alive and well in the uk.of course white lives matter but, as others have said, there are marginalised groups who need a leg up to get onto a level field.
I cannot even begin to describe how demeaning it is to be abused for the colour of your skin and thankfully, most white people wont know how that feels.
The last time i was abused blatantly was some years ago and the funny thing is it was by someone from brighton responding to an advert i placed for a friend on another hifi site.this person was not interested in buying the item but more in abusing me racially.i dont think i had ever met this person or caused any offence.i still sometimes think about it now, the affect this abuse has goes deep.
All lives should matter regardless

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom