White line around edge of screen on Sony KDL42W653 LED TV

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by F1D, Aug 15, 2013.

1. F1D

F1D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I've just bought a Sony KDL42W653 LED TV and have an issue with it. I'm not sure if it is normal or if it is faulty but when I'm playing on Xbox 360 games when I look very closely at the screen there seems to be a 1 pixel wide line of lighter coloured pixels all the way around the screen. There also seems to be a 1 pixel gap from the very edge before the white pixels. It's not noticeable at normal range but I happened to notice it when I were looking very closely. It also seems more noticeable when the the area in the game is quite bright, like looking at the sky in skyrim for example.

I'm thinking it might just depend on the game as I tried another game which was installed on my hard drive and it seemed fine. As it is uniform all the way around the screen it appears to be just how the signal comes through the xbox but has anyone else got this or know if it may be a fault with the TV. The TV is edge lit so I thoughts the it could just be the edge lights causing it. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  2. F1D

F1D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone please give any help or advice on this? If someone had this TV and an Xbox could check if theirs is the same that would be great. The problem can be seen when on the xbox dashboard along the top and sides of the screen (can't really see it on bottom as its almost white there anyway). Thanks for any help.

3. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Overscan? Screen size setting? Have you looked in the settings?

4. F1D

F1D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yea I've had a look through, not changed many settings to he honest as the picture looks great and the line doesn't bother me that much as its not noticeable and is uniform on the screen which makes me think its not a faulty TV. I just wanted to see if anyone else had it to make sure I didn't have a faulty unit. That's what's bothering me a little.

5. F1D

F1D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just changed the settings on Xbox 360 to 720p and that fixed the issue. No lines at all now. So would that indicate that it's not a faulty TV and just how the xbox displays 1080p on the TV? Thanks.

6. johnplayer

johnplayer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just drop by to ask you about your experience on Sony KDL42W653 LED TV
    coz iam about to buy this same model too iam movie lover specially 1080p movies .... i just wish to use it as pc monitor is it also great at reading text and what about its picture quality plz give me pros and cons plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz is it ok or mediocre or great product