White iPhone 4S - Any regrets?

pdauser92

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a black 4S, but am considering switching to white. For those of you that have the white, do you have any regrets? If you had the opportunity would you switch to black? Also, if you've had your white 4S since launch day is it still clean?

Any help would be appreciated as I have 24 hours to decide whether to go ahead with the swap to the white one. Once done, I won't be able to switch back again.

I've always had black, got a white 4s this time round! Love it! It's still clean! And doesn't show any fingerprints like the black does! I wouldn't swap! :)

same here boredom took me over to android but a white ip4s brought me back and would never go back to black and married to a desmay clearish case and a mediadevil screen protector is a marriage made in heaven

same here boredom took me over to android but a white ip4s brought me back and would never go back to black and married to a desmay clearish case and a mediadevil screen protector is a marriage made in heaven

Where did you buy the desmay? I've heard that they're supposed to be good. I really like the look of the white but there seem to be less cases that work well with it compared to the black.

I love the white and wouldn't swap - no fingerprint marks and still looks lovely. I just put a Zagg on it (front and back) and then put it in a number of different style pouch cases (e.g. Golla, Mofi type ones) as when it's in my handbag it's protected.

I've got a white iPhone 4S and don't use a case.

It's still as mint as the day it came out of the box.

Love my white 4s
It's made of glass it's not gona get dirty

I have a white 4s, I like it but prefer the black. I will probably go black at some point.

I've chopped and changed between black and white with various iPhones, I'm more than happy with white at the moment though :)

Get a white one - there's nothing wrong in being thought of as gay in this day and age.

All the boys in our HR department have got one.

I'm really tempted to go for the white. I have until 7.30 tonight to do the swap :) What cases would you recommend to show off the white, keep it clean, and protect it from drops?

Get a white one - there's nothing wrong in being thought of as gay in this day and age.

All the boys in our HR department have got one.

:laugh: About as subtle as a brick to the face :rotfl:

This is my dilema as well, whether to go for a white or black Iphone. I really fancy getting a white one but guys at work think the white is for girls :blush:( their words not mine)

Mind you so does my 15 year old son so that might be reason enough to get one just to annoy him :devil::D

Stupidly just cant make up my mind :(

Last edited:
So I have a white 4s and really like it. With a black case it makes it contrast quite nicely. That being said (long story) a black one arrived in the post today so I am going to give the white one to my wife and keep the black one for me. Nothing to do with what I think of the look - I really like it - but I think my wife likes the white more.

Btw it is still a very fresh white colour.

I think white is a bit girly too but then who gives a ***** what I actually think? Seriously, get what YOU like and sod everyone else :)

Got an upgrade to white 4S today.
Regretting it already.

White looks more plasticky than glassy.
And the white against an LCD screen is all wrong!!
Ever seen a TV with white bezel?

Should have stayed with black.
Lets hope it grows on me.

Regretting it already.

White looks more plasticky than glassy.
And the white against an LCD screen is all wrong!!
Ever seen a TV with white bezel?

Should have stayed with black.
Lets hope it grows on me.

Yes, of course we have, it's an AV Forum :)

Where did you buy the desmay? I've heard that they're supposed to be good. I really like the look of the white but there seem to be less cases that work well with it compared to the black.

i bought the desmay direct from their website took about 5 days from HK,it was the greyish case i bought but its quite clear and im really more than happy with it

I don't get the question...is it still clean?

As stated numerous times above...

IT'S MADE OF GLASS!

I don't get the question...is it still clean?

As stated numerous times above...

IT'S MADE OF GLASS!

...but there's a thin white plastic rim front and back between the glass panels and the metal sides. That is what I was referring to. :)

Still spotless. It's not an issue.

White actually looks a lot cleaner than black tbh, and my Wife now has my old Black 4 to compare against.

The comment about comparing to a White TV is rubbish, as it's no comparison whatsoever unless watching films solely and even then it's negligible due to the size of the bezel.

Regretting it already... And the white against an LCD screen is all wrong!! Should have stayed with black. Lets hope it grows on me.

This is what held me back from going white, I am so used to a black border when I look at the screen it might feel very alien to me and distracting. I am still with my black 4. Please let me know if you do get used to it. (I know many others must have , but I expect few had an angst about this specifically.)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom