• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

White Gold

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
The BBC seemed to think the same as everyone else. That half of the cast of The Inbetweeners need a job other than insurance voiceovers for one......or signing on for the other

"Jay" and "Simon" return as 80's version of their roles of their CH4 show except their roles are selling double glazing in the era of buying your council house. That's slightly exaggerating it...but not by much.

However, I simply don't care. Together, they star with Jude Law impersonator Ed Westwick as a team of not entire fictitious double glazing salesman, if Rouge Traders is anything to go buy.

Vulgar, rude, sweary, and a lead role from Ed (breaking the 4th wall), who ultimately isn't as clever as he thinks makes for what I think is a fantastic show. Growing up with 80's music helps. A brilliant soundtrack adds a Life On Mars feel to it.

White Gold Soundtrack - BBC2, a playlist by g0u1d1e1 on Spotify

Not sure about terrestrial broadcasting, but the whole lot is on the BBC iPlayer.

BBC iPlayer - White Gold

I loved it.

Last edited:

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Watched a bit of the first episode and enjoyed , have got some episodes recorded and it's being repeated weekly on BBC 2 iirc , deffo with a look [emoji106]

robel

Prominent Member
Yep, i thought it was very enjoyable...

Boooo

Established Member
Yep finished watching this a couple of days ago and found it very enjoyable. The awards episode was particularly funny I thought, loved the awkwardness towards the end.

Plus Sam is very fit :)

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Yep finished watching this a couple of days ago and found it very enjoyable. The awards episode was particularly funny I thought, loved the awkwardness towards the end.

Plus Sam is very fit :)

I'd perform that act Vincent said others would do at that awards ceremony! Well not quite but close.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Not sure how this will play out without Vincent. TBO I wasn’t sure we’d ever get a series 2. Hopefully Jay and Simon can carry keep it going.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Ah not been keeping up on Ed’s news. when James Buckley was on Sunday Brunch they showed a clip of their new boss and not a word was mentioned about Ed so assumed he wasn’t in it.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
I really enjoyed this and am looking forward to the new series.

prism10

Established Member
It seems they stopped filming White Gold series 2 midway.

When the charges against Westwick were dropped, they resumed filming.

It looks like the producers stuck by him.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Quite right too. You should’nt be able to ruin somebody’s career on just an accusation. Different entirely if he’s been proven guilty of something.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
All done one. I really enjoyed it despite the two inbetweeners being unable to play anything other than inbetweeners!

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
All done one. I really enjoyed it despite the two inbetweeners being unable to play anything other than inbetweeners!
Yeah I think they all have huge issues with that. Trouble is even if they play a different roll, your just waiting for them to burst into they old character and offend anyone in hearing distance. At least I am. I don’t want to, I want them to move on, but until they go complete off the beaten track and even just look older for God’s sake, then it’s going to be hard for the

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom