Question White flashes on screen..

KevMitch73

Hi all,

I recently put together a new AV set up and all has been great until recently I've started getting white flashes across the screen every now and again..:facepalm:

I used a Ruipro fibre hdmi cable to connect the receiver to the TV which is a Samsung 4K TV.

Any ideas?

KevMitch73

Anybody? It's driving me nuts now...

I've switched everything off and back on again in case it was static but its still doing it and getting worse..:(

KevMitch73

Only been using SkyQ since i noticed it. Happening on all channno matter what im watching.
Then every now and again the screen goes completely black with a message about not supporting picture resolution. I turn the receiver off and back on and it works but with the white flashes still...😭

KevMitch73

Try bypassing the receiver and connect the Sky Q directly to the TV.
So just bypassed the receiver and the picture comes on without the white flashes but was intermittently going black screen then back to the picture again...but definitely no white flashes.

Also, no sound...

KevMitch73

OK, so I replaced the Ruipro fibre cable with the original standard HDMI cable I used to use and all is now perfect....

I'm now assuming the fibre cable has failed? How do I stand with Ruipro for a replacement? Anyone had to claim on the warranty before?

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom