White dot on image!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by MarTTy, Jul 19, 2002.

1. MarTTy

MarTTy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone help, I keep getting a white dot appearing on my Monitor and Panny AE100 when I run Power DVD, I am also using Powerstrip set at WIDE 480 (856x 480).

It can't be a dead pixel as the Monitor shows the problem as well as my Panny. I can get rid of the dot by moving the vertical image using Vertical position on the panny. It's getting to me now as I want to have a clear image and the damn thing keeps staring at me!

Cheers

Martin

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the bottom left hand corner?

Like the mouse isn't fully off the screen, but it is?

A quirk of Power DVD I'm afraid.

I don't think it's ever been fixed by anyone, hopefully someone will prove me wrong :D

3. GearHead

GearHead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yesssss, somebody else has this problem too, its not just me.

Bottom left hand corner, looks like the status bar is not being fully covered. Definitely not a pixel because I can change the aspect mode on the projector so that the image is a smaller rectangle in the middle of the screen and the white dot moves with the image.

Currently I'm avoiding the problem by using a 4:3 aspect ratio resolution in windows (1280x960) and then telling my widescreen panel projector to zoom-in on the middle 16:9 portion of the image resulting in the top and bottom being cropped. This is just a workaround until I get the latest firmware installed in the projector that supports a native resolution of 1280x720 via DVI. When that happens I'm going to have the white-dot problem.

One solution would be to run the bottom edge of the image into a black border.

Allan

4. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could always try clicking on the Windows status bar and choosing the option 'always on top? - NO' or 'hide task bar'... I personally have my windows status bar at the top of the screen anyway..

Worth a try :)

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jrwood

That doesn't work, unfortunately.

I shift the pic downwards by pixel.

That works :D

6. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried ZoomPlayer?, I doubt this exhibits the same problem??

7. MarTTy

MarTTy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like I'm not the only one eh! Does TheatreTek have this problem....if not I may go this route.

Martin