1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

white dashes at top of screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Chris M, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Chris M

Chris M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got an X1 clone hooked up to a pioneer dvd575 and am using progressive scan connection. I've only been using progressive scan from the pioneer since I got the necessary adapter for my projector. When I first changed the player's settings to progressive scan I'm sure that I didn't have the current problem. Now, what I have is a series of white dashes of different lengths, running near the top left hand side of the screen about 2/3 of the way across.

If I go back to interlaced the dashes disappear. As I say, though, I'm sure it wasn't there before when I first started using the progressive scan setting. The dashes remain visible regardless of whether there is a disk in the player i.e even the Pioneer desktop screen shows them, so it's not disk dependent.

I've been round and round with the instructions for the pioneer and can't see what the problem. I also can't precisely identify when the problem started and am not aware of any unusual changes made to any settings.

It's one of this visible problems that is really distracting so help in sorting it out would be really appreciated.

2. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Is there anyway you can shift the image up slightly within the PJs set up menu to move it from eyeshot. I dont mean physically moving the PJ simply moving the image.. ..........

Most units allow some sort of image shift........ :thumbsup:

Just an idea???!?!?!

Cap :)

3. Chris M

Chris M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have tried shifting screen, but the dashes just move with it and are not concealed.

4. Chris M

Chris M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ooooooooooooops. Sorry Captain Benefit, that'll teach me for overlooking the obvious. I had tried shifting the image before, just not enough. Played around with the controls again for the projector and, hey presto, no more dashes as they disappeared off screen. Thanks for your help.