White coloured discrete rear wall mounted speakers. £100ish

sswats

Established Member
Reaction score
When refurbishing my house, I installed speaker cabling for the 2 rear satellite speakers with the intention of buying and installing speakers soon after.
That was 2 years ago and I have had 2 speaker cables running down the wall since then.

I went with my wife to purchase a pair of Q acoustic 3010s (I already have Q acoustic 1010s, and a 1010c ) but apparently they are too big and ugly to be be stuck high up on the wall.

So i am looking something more discrete and subtle. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
I would save up for QA 7000i if possible. I think the "stand" works as wall mount and you can angle it downwards and little bit to left/right. Youtube videos can show it. Here is few options that came to mind:

Thanks.
The q7000LRi is £220 so a bit more than i want to spend. And they are bit on the ugly side.

The min 12, and the monitor audio speakers look tiny. How is their sound quality as rear satellite speakers?

I think the Min 22 would be be the best option but at £180 its more than i would like to spend.

I'm gonna have a look around for them used see what i can find.

Thanks.

Thanks.
The q7000LRi is £220 so a bit more than i want to spend. And they are bit on the ugly side.

The min 12, and the monitor audio speakers look tiny. How is their sound quality as rear satellite speakers?

I think the Min 22 would be be the best option but at £180 its more than i would like to spend.

I'm gonna have a look around for them used see what i can find.

Thanks.

Well i have owned the Min10s many years ago. They have wide dispersion so in a way quite nice as small surrounds if one needs to make such compromise, but the small size also means the sound is on thinner side. I assume you can listen them at RS. I would definitely pick the 22s if looking Minxes, just cause owners who has heard both prefer the larger ones big time. With the wall brackets they are 200£ so not cheap. QA 7000i are still better speakers i believe.

The QA7000i L/R pair i linked costs 161£ pair at AVO (forum advertiser). Small marks (?), but if you wall mount them high up it doesn´t really matter.

Which receiver you have?

PS. Polk OWM3 is one good option if budget goes up to 200£. See the pictures how they can be wall mounted, there is quite many ways.

US site has 180 reviews which are very positive!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The Polk look ideal but yeah a bit much.
I found a similar one from Q Acousitcs called the Q-AV on ebay (just the stereo speakers). Offered £45 delivered and they accepted. So we will see how they are. They are a bit old, but had good reviews at the time.

I also found a few auctions on Min21 (not min22) models. Pairs are selling for around £70. I've put in bids for those (before i won the Q-AV). So i may i end up with a spare set.
I need a stereo set for PC setup anyway, so win win i guess.

Thanks.

Get the minx M12 you won't be disappointed well worth the money and a breeze to setup with the wall brackets, I have mine setup in a front height and hardly notice them

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom