1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whitch version of armageddeon to buy

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by 7 of 9, Aug 10, 2002.

1. 7 of 9

7 of 9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    which is the best version of arrmagedeon to buy: 2 disk directurs cut, or region 3 dts version, if 2 disk is the soundtrack better than the first release and is it anamorphicly enhanced

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends if you want DTS or not. But note that the R1 is not anamorphic (not even the Criterion edition); whereas the R2 and R4 versions are anamorphic. I don't know anything about the R3, but lots (not all) of R3 DVDs are not anamorphic.

I bought the R2 2-disk version from Woolworths earlier this week. It's in their 2 for 1 DVD offer, so worked out at £9.99.

In future, when you want to compare regions, use www.dvdcompare.org.uk

3. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the region1 version and got rid of it in favour of the 2 disc region 2 that I got from HMV for £9.99 a few weeks back.
    I think they have changed the offer now to 2 for £20,works out them same though if you can find two titles you want!

4. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    I have 3 versions of Armageddon..and not through showing off. I started with Criterion 'cos it was the dogs at the time, then I got the chance to get the Japanese version which is Engish DTS (awesome sound) yet was still not anamorphic. Then the 2 disc Reg 2 came out which is anamorphic so I got that (each time I got a new one I didnt bother selling my previous version as it had no decent value)
    Now I hear a new Criterion style special ed is coming out sometime on Reg 1 which will be DTS (not heard whether it's anamorphic or not) so I may end up with a fourth version..Sad but true..fortunately I love the movie..:D

5. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    ......Don't Wanna Miss A Thing.....:) .

6. Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I agree with museumsteve I also have 3 copies. The Japanese DTS is stunning but probably not worth £60 which I have seen advertised for I recommend either the Criterion R1 version or the 2-disc R2 version