1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whitch is the best dvd player a/v wise

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by 7 of 9, Jan 4, 2003.

1. 7 of 9

7 of 9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    which is the best dvd player a/v wise the pioneer 350 or the toshiba 220.

thanx 7 of 9

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own the Toshiba model and reckon it sounds superb hmmmmmm 7 of 9 i might give u 9 out of 9 if ur as cute as her ohhh back to the subject at hand the Toshiba is also the better player picture wise and mines was bought from Richer sounds multi region including RCE discs for £129 although i hear theyre now cheaper, anyways u might also wanna consider the new panasonic which was recently reviewed its audio and picture performance was tested by what video and entertainment folks in their labs and found to be extremely good although its £70 more than the toshiba model, wish id waited actually and got the panasonic one, ok thats my advice and how can universal get away with releasing poorly framed versions of the back to the future films yet not a peep outta universal UK regarding this problem its a consipracy i tell ya :eek:)

3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    It also depends on your tv inputs. If you have the option for component input on your tv you really ought to go for a player with component output such as the toshiba. THis is reckoned by most to give the best picture quality and leaves the tv RGB scart available for other sources such as a sky box.

If you are planning to upgrade the tv in the future ideally you should also go with the component output from the player to give you more options at the time.

I have an older toshiba 210 connected via component and fibre optic audio to a toshiba tv and the quality is excellant.

4. daninthemix

daninthemix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Regardless of price and video connection method I would always recommend Toshiba players, as I haven't yet seen one that isn't outstanding in it's price class for picture quality. All but the bottom of the range model have component out, as well as SCART and S-Video (but no SCART as I understand it on the new 9200??).

5. The_Doc

The_Doc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would have to agree with you that the Toshiba are normal very good for the moeny even at the low end of scale.

There was one model Toshiba SD-9200 that had a number of problems with it as it would not clamp properly on the disc and cause it buzzing & certain DVD's would not work correctly skipping or it would crash.

Besides those problems with it the sound and picture quality is very good but not the best.

6. AndyDodds

AndyDodds
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Is the SD-220 auto-region select or not?
    I'm thinking of getting one from RS.

Cheers

Andy Dodds

7. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    No it isn't. Ensure you pay the extra £20 for the moded multi-region machine.

8. AndyDodds

AndyDodds
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry - I wasn't clear.
    When the machine is modded is it then auto-region select or do you have to change it manually.

Andy Dodds

9. Anrasp

Anrasp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    @Nobber22

isn't the mod included in the Toshiba SD220e selling at £119 .95 from Richer sounds ?

Anrasp

10. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Toshiba model i bought the sd220 from richer sounds is fully automatic and firmware is 1.5 it plays rce disc no problem i used to own a toshiba 2109 which i still think is better than the sd220 but theres not a lot in it, so my advice is pay ur £120 quid richer sounds also delivered to my address within 3 days which was outstandingly quick and good of them i thought :)