Whisky drinkers? Which is best?

Yes they don't tell you. But all alcohol is signed for. The delivery driver is supposed to ask for proof of age but I've never been asked

I'm sure that's the official line but in my limited experience they don't follow it. Ordered a bottle of Glenfiddich last month and came home to find it somewhere around the middle of the back garden. He must have thrown it with all his might. Luckily it was very well packaged.

Just discovered this thread - very interesting!

I'm a big fan of whiskies, however, like my taste, I am developing my knowledge. I have had a fair few single malts in my life, and adore them. I'll be keeping a close eye on any recommendations, and when any bargains are to be had to try new whiskies!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
£12.99 aldi black Highland

No it's not going to be the best you've ever tasted but yes it is a fantastic easy go-to drink, wasn't expecting much but it's lovely for the price, bit sweet, little bit smokey, mellow as mellow can be. You almost forget you're drinking whisky. Don't think aldi shmaldi, try it and see for yourself, shames bottles twice its price

Am enjoying a dram of Clagbagsporran, the South-Westliest malt from the nether Hebrides, just downwind from the nuclear reprocessing plant. Do I detect a subtle hint of Plutonium?

I got this last week - special edition to mark 30 years of Iain Rankin's Rebus books:
IMG_5021.JPG

And then, on Sunday, a mate of mine gave me this lot he'd collected. Thankfully, he's not a whisky drinker, so my gain :D
It'll cost me a bottle of Courvoisier, but so be it... ;)
IMG_5047.JPG

This prime amazon sale isn't doing my bank account any good at all today, so far:

JD Single Barrel £27
Woodford Reserve £19.40
Johnnie Walker Black £15.80
Highland Park 12 Viking Edition £20.99
Highland Park 12 with 2 Highland Park Glasses £24.50
Talisker 10 £24.99

Tempted by so many more as well, makers mark, wild turkey, mount gay rum, auchentoshan, yet more highland park but I think that's enough for one day.

i have a few favourite whiskeys and some go to's:

favs:
Balvenie carribean cask - harder to find locally, tesco and morrisons no longer stock it.
Auchentosion - american oak.
cardhu - gold reserve
Jura - original and durichs own
some others i cant remember

go to:
grants - ale cask
johnny walker - black, double black, gold labels.

I got one of those too! My FIL is a big Rebus fan so I might give it to him.

Is that translucent?

Am thinking: how can you tell how much is left?

Is that translucent?

Am thinking: how can you tell how much is left?

No, it's totally black (wrapped, I'm guessing). I bought a second one to give to him so I can keep the one I got originally for myself.

Glenallachie £20 in co-op

Decent for the price

I noticed that Highland Park 12 year old was £25 in Morrisons yesterday anyone care to give a quick review of it please? The reason I ask is because I don't think I've had that before and at the moment I've got enough peaty malts and have gone off them a bit recently.

I noticed that Highland Park 12 year old was £25 in Morrisons yesterday anyone care to give a quick review of it please? The reason I ask is because I don't think I've had that before and at the moment I've got enough peaty malts and have gone off them a bit recently.
I think that's a good price for it.
To my palate it's a little more mellow than the 10-y-o, though IMO there's a pronounced fall-off in "peatiness" as they get older - certainly when you get over 20-y-o.
I don't even find the 10-y-o- particularly heavily peated (much closer to a Jura Superstition or Penderyn peated) - certainly nowhere near a Jura Prophecy/Talisker/Laphroaig/Lagavulin.

IMG_20170728_172241.jpg

Picked this up in sainsburys today. Can't wait to try it.

View attachment 891238
Picked this up in sainsburys today. Can't wait to try it.
Saw this in Tesco a while back.

Whisky beer is a minefield with only one Ive tried that was drinkable.

Now beer style whisky? Running out of cheaper bottles, so might pick this up seeing as its still around. Hate to have only expensive bottles to go at.

Saw this in Tesco a while back.

Whisky beer is a minefield with only one Ive tried that was drinkable.

Now beer style whisky? Running out of cheaper bottles, so might pick this up seeing as its still around. Hate to have only expensive bottles to go at.

At £45 its not exactly what I'd call cheap. But it is very nice.

At £45 its not exactly what I'd call cheap. But it is very nice.

Well no it's not cheap on a supermarket shelf, but in the grand world of whisky, it's not very expensive.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom