1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whirring Arcam 9 cdp

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by gunnerbar, Feb 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. gunnerbar

gunnerbar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As title implies my Arcam 9 CDP whirrs. Obviously a transport problem. I've found that if you tap the top of the unit it stops. Will a bit of 3in1 do the trick or is this a serious problem. Could i fix this myself. I don't think it affects the sound of the system but I suppose it does at some level although I don't hear anything untoward. Maybe I should just ignore the whirr between tracks. Hmmm!

Also my Rega planar 2 is suffering more woes with the Motor seeming to go at slow rpm. Is the motor gone (I suspect);can it be fixed;how much to replace.

2. jaffacake

jaffacake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A similar thing has happened to my Arcam Alpha 7 player.

It whirrs on loading and unloading a disc and changing tracks/fastforwarding. Even more annoyingly, it sometimes doesn't read a disc on the first couple of times of asking: when that ugly green zero comes up im not a happy bunny!

This happened after (carefully!) moving house, so a gentle knock i reckon was the cause. The Arcam's aren't exactly sturdy or deftly built..

Maybe opening it up and tightening a few screws could help?