Whining sound coming from the heater on my car

Ste76

I recently pick up a Citreon Picasso 1.8 SX with climate control, but as from the other day it started to make a horrid whining sound that coming from the heater, that changes slightly depending on which setting i put the fan on.

I've checked to were the sound coming from and it at the bottom right on the passenger side, so im 100% sure it the heater motor that about to pack in, something i don't really need to happen this time of year.

Now Europarts is asking around £126 for a new heater motor which i know is 100% compatible with my car, and 2nd hand on Ebay around £40 but im not sure if they would work with my car as some are for None AC while other are, but don't say if they work with Digital Climate Control or not.

Also depending on which i buy either new or 2nd hand, is replacing the heater motor on a Picasso an easy job, from what i've gathered looking in Haynes it basically just removing the bottom part of the dash were the cig lighter is then basically twisting clockwise to remove the heater blower.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom