• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which Yamaha AV receiver?

DavidT

Prominent Member
I demo'ed a friends Yamaha RX-V765 mated with QA speakers and have decided to get a Yamaha reciever but not sure which one. I can't afford the 765 (£400) so have looked at the 565 (£240), 465 (£220) and 367 (£180). I think the 367 is a newer model than the others but other than that what are the differences. I will be connecting a Sony Bluray player, Xbox360, Sony LCD TV, Sony DVDR and a media player to the reciever and will need at least 3 HDMI inputs.

Thanks for any assistance.

David

PSM1

Distinguished Member
I believe the 367 has 1.4a HDMI but unless you plan to go to 3D TV then this will not be much use at the moment. As above the 765 and 565 are both on discount at the moment so hunt around.

Passingbat

Distinguished Member
The 367 doesn't have decoders for bitstreamed HD audio. It does have HDMI repeaters though, so providing you have a blueray player than can decode all the HD formats, then you will be fine and the amp will give you HD audio.

I still think it's best to get the better quality amp from the discounted X65 range.

The 565 is a better choice than the 465 in that it has vidio upconversion, which is usefull if you have analogue video sources, such as the Wii. It also has an onscreen menu for setup. it's also a 7.1 amp as against the 5.1 of the 465.

The 765 is the best buy if you can find a way to strech your budget.

seasidersrock

Established Member
:) The 765 is on the way out, there are some excellent deals out there.
I paid £400 last year and still reckon it was good value. Recommended.:smashin:

DavidT

Prominent Member
Thanks for the responses, I will look around for a good deal on the 565 as I will need some cash for the speakers as well, for now I will reuse the speakers I have on my Denon receiver minus the sub which is passive only.

David

DavidT

Prominent Member
I have just bought a Yamaha RX-V565 from HomeAV Direct for £239, now I just have to find an av cabinet it will fit into.

David

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom