Which Xbox 360 Game?

Relic23

I am on the verge of opting for the £339.99 offer at Gamestation. In addition to Oblivion, PES 6 and PGR 3, I haven't yet decided on the 4th game. I want a wider selection as possible (so not another footy/racing game). I thought a shoot 'em up would do just nicely, so I was wondering what you all think is the best one to get?

I am looking for a fairly epic, enjoyable, fun game that isn't too repetitive, isn't too difficult and has a very good multiplayer (NOT over Live). I'd much rather opt for one that has bots than one that doesn't. Also, adversarial multiplayers interest me more than co-op ones.

Other Shoot 'em ups/Multiplayers that I've liked:
Star Wars: Battlefront 1/2
Halo 2
Goldeneye
James Bond: Nightfire
Red Dead Revolver
Ghost Recon

At the moment (and I know they don't all meet my demands) I have been thinking about:

Gears of War
Rainbow 6: Vegas (although I'm not really one for tactical shooters)
F.E.A.R
Perfect Dark: Zero

So which gives you more bang for your buck?

Alternatively, if you can think of a totally different game (as epic as Oblivion/Fable or as enjoyable and replayable as PES 6/Top Spin) then I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
I know it's not a shooter but have you thought about Dead Rising? It'll keep you going for ages and is good fun from start to finish. No multi-player however, but can be picked up cheap now.

It'd be a crime not to get Gears though ;) Might be short but it's a cracking game that shouldnt be missed by any 360 owner.

DrinksInBars

Novice Member
honestly i would get gears over pro evo anyday. I have htme bothlike, but pro evo is frustrating as hell with only minor moments of shine. gears is awesome as hell with minor moments of frustration(mostly getting owned by better players:))

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
R6: vegas, best online game (haven't played single player).
COD3, excellent online game and single player experience.

Got Gears, not really played it much, very repetitive.

Praxidike

Banned
Another recommendation for Dead Rising here, been addicted to that since I bought it a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't played GOW yet though, and everyone says it's too amazing to miss.

Ico.

Gears is fantastic, you could wait until next year and it will probably get cheaper. But I couldn't wait.

There are no bots though so you couldn't play the multiplayer maps, but you can play the game drop in drop out co-op. It's no more repetitive than any other shooter I've played.

if i was you id buy the new release games with the computer eg call of duty 3 gow.and go to hmv and get oblivian dead rising etc from hmv on a buy one get one free thats what i did

Relic23

Thanks a lot everyone. :thumbsup:

I have decided on getting GoW. After exchanging my old Xbox, all that lot for £310 seems a very good deal.

UrbanT

Distinguished Member
I agree with Dan, if I had the choice of one game only, it would be Rainbow. But honestly, if you can, buy both as they are sufficiently different to hold your interest.

GoW is the game to show off with. Graphics to die for, solid game play, and decent multiplayer. But ultimately short.

Rainbow Six on the other hand isn't quite as polished in the graphics department (but still decent), but the setting is more 'real world'. Lots more weapons to play with, bigger levels, and far more multiplayer options.

Rainbow 6 is the game I've ended up playing every night on Live, and looking at the friends list, there seems very few people still playing GoW

Relic23

Right, well I will buy both then. I will try to convince the guys at Gamestation to give me Rainbow 6 instead of PGR 3. If that fails, I think I will get Rainbow 6 a bit later on as I'll have more than enough games to keep me going for quite a while. I'll get Rainbow Six just as soon as I've finished playing GoW. I think that's fair.

Thanks again everyone. :)

stepneg

Just my 2$ I have both Rainbow 6 and GOW and love them both. They are very different games, Rainbow is a slower paced tacticle shooter while GOW is an action packed arcade run and gun although tactics do come into play when your online. If you can get them both :thumbsup:

Relic23

Well I got mine earlier today. In addition to PGR 3, I got GoW, Rainbow 6 and Oblivion. Will be exchanging GoW for Ghost Recon once I'm through with it, and PES 6 is also on it's way (£23.40 from HMV!!). Well chuffed, especially seen as I got £30 off after exchanging my old Xbox!

Was playing it on my Phillips 37PF5521D. Just worried about it overheating now.

ajcham

Novice Member
I also need suggestions for my fourth game.

My first two are GOW and RS:V. I have Tiger Woods 05 and FIFA 06 on PS2 (which I am keeping and relatively happy with), so I can't see much point in TW07 or FIFA/PES 07.

Any suggestions?

I have ruled out COD3 as it is too similar to my first two choices. One racing game (PGR) is enough.

I can't be bothered with role-playing games like Final Fantasy or their equivalents, I don't have the patience or time for them.

I would like something that has only recently come out (to get the best value from the deal) and that my other half might enjoy playing (although there is fat chance of that - "computer games are for kids" is an often used phrase). The only real contender I have found is Viva Pinata - is this any good?

UrbanT

Distinguished Member
I also need suggestions for my fourth game.

My first two are GOW and RS:V. I have Tiger Woods 05 and FIFA 06 on PS2 (which I am keeping and relatively happy with), so I can't see much point in TW07 or FIFA/PES 07.

Any suggestions?

I have ruled out COD3 as it is too similar to my first two choices. One racing game (PGR) is enough.

I can't be bothered with role-playing games like Final Fantasy or their equivalents, I don't have the patience or time for them.

I would like something that has only recently come out (to get the best value from the deal) and that my other half might enjoy playing (although there is fat chance of that - "computer games are for kids" is an often used phrase). The only real contender I have found is Viva Pinata - is this any good?
Don't rule out the downloadable content. You could buy Lumines as a lot of women I know like the puzzle type stuff.

amardilo

Distinguished Member
I would maybe look at G.R.A.W and Dead Rising.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom