Which X-Files seasons to buy?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by ash2004, Apr 24, 2005.

1. ash2004

ash2004
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I have Seasons 1, 2 and 3 already. I really like the X-Files (though not a fanatic), but more the stand-alone episodes than the conspiracy arc.

I used to watch the series on television, but didnt follow very religiously, so am not sure which seasons I particularly liked or hated. And I nearly stopped watching it toward the end.

What I would like some help on is to decide till which season to buy the box-sets (dont want to buy entire series, have plenty others to buy!!). I think Season 4 is very good and so will buy it, but how good is Season 5 and Season 6?? Every season ends on a cliffhanger (forcing me to consider buying the next season too!!), so I want to know if there is any series after which there was a considerable fall in quality, so that I can stop buying the box-sets at that point.

I was thinking of stopping at Season 4. Just want to check with you all if that is the right decision.

Thanks!!

2. Binternet

Binternet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Series 5 is the last great one.

3. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,147
    seasons 4 and 5 are good. I think it might be season 6 that has the episode with Duchovany's (ex?) girlfriend - Tea Leoni in. I think this was a partculaly bad season. Trouble is that there were actually some very good ones, after Robert Patrick joined (saeson 8). I know there are quite a few duffers after season 5, but as a big fan (but not blinded), at around only £25 a season, i had to have the full collection for myself - 1,2,3,4,5,8,9 just wouldnt have looked right on the shelf :)

4. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    I stopped @ season 3 - 1,2,and 3 were brilliant - 4, and 5 less so, and the quality went rapidly down hill after that.

Rumour has it that there's a new movie in the offing too!

Let's hope its better than the last one.

5. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    While the first 5 seasons stand head and shoulders above the others, the remaining 4 seasons all had good episodes even if "as a whole" the seasons weren't that good.

for my money the worst was the end of season 7. i was really surprised how much i enjoyed (Most) of season 8 and i thought season 9 was a breath of fresh air and really enjoyed it. indeed after season 9 i was really sad to see it go - it had a new lease of of life with Doggett and Reyes.

Gary

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,877
    :smashin:

I enjoyed the first season when Doggett joined the cast I though it was starting to get stale and his addition was the kick it needed.