1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which would you have out of this lot?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Scoobycity, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Scoobycity

Scoobycity
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on a bit of tight budget but want to get myself a projector and for under £650 if poss.

I'm obviously willing to go second hand but there are I belive quite a few available around this price new so I'm after recommendations.

Which projector on the following page what would you recomend and why?

Projectors under £650

Cheers

2. monopole

monopole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    It really depends on what you want to use it for. If it's viewing DVD's, TV, and maybe some games playing, then the Benq 6100 is a good pj at 800 x 600 resolution. However, if you would want to connect a PC at any time, I would suggest stretching the budget to include XGA pj's which will do 1024 x 768 resolution, such as the Benq 6200 or similar.

4. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Out of those I would choose the Tosh ET1 for LCD or the Infocus X2 for DLP. Both are very good value for money if DVD is your main source of material.

5. Scoobycity

Scoobycity
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your comments.

I really need it to do a bit of everything Digital Cable TV, PC, DVD and XBox.

Although I've only seen a few PJ's in action I've always prefered the look and feel of DLP's so was amazed to see some within my price range. However after hearing about the possible downside to DLP's on here I decided to play it safe as the wife will be waiting for an excuse not to like it and if it gave her a headache it would never be on.

Anyway I won this one off ebay today....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5738080325&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Anyone seen/have one? Looks a great spec for the price :D