Which would you choose?

sang4021

Would you choose a 65" Q80T, or a 75" Q70T?

The living room is roughly a 14'x18' rectangle with moderate light (but solid blinds), and the couch is U shaped and will be about 9' to 11' away.
I watch mostly sports/movies and shows like Planet Earth/Our Planet. No gaming.

The TV will be hooked up to a Q900T soundbar so audio wont be an issue, and I will use an Nvidia Shield Pro for streaming and Plex for ripped Blu Rays.

Basically Im asking, in your opinion is the picture quality noticeably degraded in the Q70T model?

keithwiggins

I own the latter, its a good Tv all the reviews pretty much state its the sweet spot and the 80r only offers very slight improvements, get the inches.

Aaron2020

Novice Member
No gaming? Go with a better brand... LG C9 is excellent 65" is fair priced 77" is inflated $$ but nicer. Their WebOS smart system is great and the TV is one of the best you can get. I say C9 because the CX apparently has a lesser reputation from reviewers than its predecessor.

tman

Go for the bigger screen. Sitting 9-11' away you'll appreciate it.

ajstan99

Standard Member
From RTINGS.COM:

"The Q80T is a significantly better TV. It has much better viewing angles and is much brighter for HDR content. The Samsung Q80T QLED is a significantly better TV than the Samsung Q70T QLED for most uses. The Q80T has a full-array local dimming feature, it can get brighter in HDR content, and it has much wider viewing angles. The Q80T also has better color accuracy and faster response time, but due to its 'Ultra Viewing Angle' layer, its contrast ratio is much lower than the Q70T, making blacks look a bit more grayish."

keithwiggins

From RTINGS.COM:

"The Q80T is a significantly better TV. It has much better viewing angles and is much brighter for HDR content. The Samsung Q80T QLED is a significantly better TV than the Samsung Q70T QLED for most uses. The Q80T has a full-array local dimming feature, it can get brighter in HDR content, and it has much wider viewing angles. The Q80T also has better color accuracy and faster response time, but due to its 'Ultra Viewing Angle' layer, its contrast ratio is much lower than the Q70T, making blacks look a bit more grayish."

Thats comparing ts the rs according to rtings were better sets as in a 70 r equivalent is an 80t not a 70t

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom