• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which would you choose among 46(7) M87, Z3030 or ZF355

Tomazo

Hello guys,

been reading this forum for a while, especialy the topic about Z series of Toshi's. A lot of you report of a faulty models and not as black as S-PVA's. So i was wondering, if you can help me with buying the TV among 3 models. If there is any more recommendable in the same price range, i'm also opened to other suggestions.

I narroved my buying list to three of the next models:
Samsung 46M87
Toshiba 46ZF355
Toshiba 47Z3030D

Which of these do you most recommend.

Was thinking of getting the 52ZF355, but for more than 1000 Euro expensive than 46 model, I changed my mind.

Another thing about Toshibas (it's probably dumb question, but there is a saying, that there is no thing such a bad question): do the Toshi's have light sensor and is it possible to upgrade the FW like for Samsungs?

Thank you very much and Regards, TomazO!!

set_my_path

Standard Member
Can only speak for myself, but I would go for a Tosh in your case. More features and better looks, especially the ZF which is probably the best looking TV I've seen. The Samsung is older and doesn't have 100hz, but still produces good picture quality and might have a slight advantage when it comes to black levels. Still, either of the Tosh's will be great I think, the only difference between the two is exterior design so ...

Widge

Are you based abroad and importing?

Could be worth keeping an eye out for the new Tosh XF550 thats coming out this year. The noises Tosh are making are that they want to get the sets out quick and cheap!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom