Which would offer the best HD Audio/Picture XE-1 vs Samsung 1400

electrosmith

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Does anybody here know how the Toshiba XE-1 would stack up against the Samsung 1400 Blueray player in terms of HD Picture quality and Dolby True HD sound. I would assume the XE-1 would excel better in both these areas.

If this is true, and given the fact the XE-1 was Toshibas high end model would it be fair to say that the Toshiba XE-1 would perform both HD picture and HD audio quality to something like Denons £800 blueray player.

I will be using either player with the Analog 5.1 ports for DoblyTrue HD playback with a Rotel RSX-1067.

Many thanks for any advice guys.

Hi there,

Does anybody here know how the Toshiba XE-1 would stack up against the Samsung 1400 Blueray player in terms of HD Picture quality and Dolby True HD sound. I would assume the XE-1 would excel better in both these areas.

If this is true, and given the fact the XE-1 was Toshibas high end model would it be fair to say that the Toshiba XE-1 would perform both HD picture and HD audio quality to something like Denons £800 blueray player.

I will be using either player with the Analog 5.1 ports for DoblyTrue HD playback with a Rotel RSX-1067.

Many thanks for any advice guys.

Hi helenonn. :)
HD PQ will be on par with each other @ 1080p/24. :smashin:
The multi-analogues will be of higher quality on the XE1 as it has proper bass management,etc. :cool:
All the best.

Quote : - "HD PQ will be on par with each other @ 1080p/24."

I take it you are referring to the Samsung ?

Quote : - "The multi-analogues will be of higher quality"

Is that the only difference on the audio between them both, or is the Toshiba better at producing DolbyTrue HD ?

Thanks

hi,both players are capable of displaying a 1080 progressive signal @ 24 frames per second,which is the speed the original film is shot at.Picture quality wise both players will be about the same,although HD picture quality varies from disc to disc.

The Tosh will decode Dolby True HD and will output that over the 5.1 analogues as PCM.When connected this way you will still receive HD audio.The Xe1 will bitstream too,meaning that it will pass the "raw" digital data untouched for your receiver to decode.im not sure about the samsung in either of these regards.

The tosh will hit the sammy for 6 with regards to standard dvd playback thanks to its Reon processing chip,the trouble is trying to find one at a reasonable price(given that HDDVD is dead).

Quote : - "HD PQ will be on par with each other @ 1080p/24."

I take it you are referring to the Samsung ?

Quote : - "The multi-analogues will be of higher quality"

Is that the only difference on the audio between them both, or is the Toshiba better at producing DolbyTrue HD ?

Thanks

The XE1 and 1400........yes. :smashin:
As i see it :) using the analogues is all about set-up,etc :cool: and on the XE1 this is superior . :cool:
If using the Multi's,go for the XE1.
Cheers.

.The Xe1 will bitstream too,meaning that it will pass the "raw" digital data untouched for your receiver to decode.im not sure about the samsung in either of these regards.

).

Hi a4lloxo. :)
Yes :smashin: the Samsung 1400 can bitstream HD audio. :cool:
All the best.

So it looks as though the XE-1 is the better option for all round quality.

Apart from Dolby True HD-MA which both machines dont decode. Should it only be Dolby TrueHD that I should be bothered about or do the other audio formats the Samsung decodes offer anything more than Dolby TrueHD ?

Also are most of the HD-DVD titles out there have DolbyTrue HD sound tracks on them ?

That should be enough then with those audio formats, thanks for your advice guys.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom