Which would be the better Archos if you...

choccy

Standard Member
Wanted to mainly use it to watch TV on TV.

I am leaning towards the 605 and am thinking with it I can stream from my wireless netgear router, that I could connect a USB hard drive to it. That it plays Divx. I also would like the option of recording to it and I know you need the cradle for it.

If I just wanted one to watch divx on the TV which would be the better one ? Also if I wanted one to record to which one ?

choccy

Standard Member
Am I right in thinking the only one with a digital tuner is the 705 ?

Also, on any of the others can you connect them straight to a TV, or do you need the docking station ?

mitchelc

I believe most Archos can output composite video directly to TV with the correct cable. Most if not all the current models require either the optional travel or DVR docks to record (DVR allows S-video recordings).

However the older AV500 can record directly to it & also comes with a dock rather than it being an optional extra.

mitchelc

You only need the travel cable plug for the AV500. This is just a small black adapter that plugs into the top of the AV500 & then use the usual av cable into the input socket. This is much smaller than the DVR or Travel adapter that the newer models require.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom