Which Wireless Surround Sound?

ghetuning

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

New to the forum so hello :hiya:

Right I have just bought this Samsung UE32D6100 32-inch Widescreen 3D Full HD 1080p: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics and also have PS3 and Virgin Media.

Now, I am planning on buyng a surround sound setup but need the rear speakers to be wireless. What is going to be my best option in order to get the TV channels and PS3 connected up to get the correct sound experience?

I have been out of the home cinema technology for a very long time so any help will be greatly appreciated :)

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Wireless rears have been covered off on this forum many times. There is no such thing as totally wireless rears.
You end up with a box that needs power and has two cables to the rear speakers. A lot of wireless rears suffer with interference.
Hiding two pairs of cables is one of the easiest things to do.
Under carpet = very easy.
Around skirting then look at deco D-Line trunking, which very small and very tidy.
PVC Trunking - Mini, Maxi, Decorative D-Line and more.

Wireless rears have been covered off on this forum many times. There is no such thing as totally wireless rears.
You end up with a box that needs power and has two cables to the rear speakers. A lot of wireless rears suffer with interference.
Hiding two pairs of cables is one of the easiest things to do.
Under carpet = very easy.
Around skirting then look at deco D-Line trunking, which very small and very tidy.
PVC Trunking - Mini, Maxi, Decorative D-Line and more.

Thanks for that.

So which wired kit is going to be best for me to run the TV, Virgin and the PS3?

Your AV system (you give no budget?) would need HDMI inputs to benefit all.
Most all-in-ones will have next to no connectivity so be aware.
PS3, Virgin Media HD, Blu-ray will all require HDMI.
To get HD audio you will need to connect your kit directly to a AV amp with HDMI cables and then HDMi to the TV.
Starter sets, then look at Onkyo, example
ONKYO HTS5405 HOME CINEMA PACKAGE - available from Superfi UK Visit http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/7676 for details

Sorry! I dont mind spending the money as long as its the best for what I need. I think I sall that kit on the Richer Sounds site, looks pretty good.

I new that a 'all in one' system is no good as I have the PS3 so really all I want is an AV with speakers and as long as the AV has enough HDMI slots for the Virgin, PS3 and TV, i'll be fine, correct? :)

You will always have enough HDMI connections for the TV as the TV is an input i.e. output from the AV Receiver. The AV Receiver requires inputs for your sources so in your case you will need at least two. Three is more or less the minimum these days anyway.

The likes of Boston XS, Jamo HCS5 A102 and Tannoy SFX are all well regarded budget speakers. Add a receiver costing say £250-300 and some cables (no need to go daft) and away you go. Otherwise you're looking at something like the Onkyo packages or adding another £250 to the budget for better speakers such as Q-Acoustics 2000 series.

You will always have enough HDMI connections for the TV as the TV is an input i.e. output from the AV Receiver. The AV Receiver requires inputs for your sources so in your case you will need at least two. Three is more or less the minimum these days anyway.

The likes of Boston XS, Jamo HCS5 A102 and Tannoy SFX are all well regarded budget speakers. Add a receiver costing say £250-300 and some cables (no need to go daft) and away you go. Otherwise you're looking at something like the Onkyo packages or adding another £250 to the budget for better speakers such as Q-Acoustics 2000 series.

I think the Onkyo system is going to be a good start for £370.

So all I do is connect all my inputs into the AV then the one output to the TV, then I enjoy 3D visual and sound?

Think a trip to Richer Sounds is required this week to check it out :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom