Which wireless headphones ?? -music/film/tv...

L

Longshot

I'm looking to get some headphones for watching films late at
night (family say Do Not Disturb !!), and listening to music as I
walk around doing odd jobs on my days off.

I guess it's gotta be RF instead of IR, due to moving around.

Main requirement is good stereo reception for music, any
surround effects would be a nice bonus though ;)

I found some Sony ones -MDRDS5100, but they are IR. I've got
no idea if they're any good anyway -total newbie when it comes
to 'phones :confused:

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob

i had a par of rf sennheisers on trial for a few days an they where good untill it got to a quiet scene an you could hear a little background hiss.this got quite annoying in the end as i was concentrating more on if i could here the hiss than listen to the music/film im not sure if this is the same for all.it did have a little tweaking wheel at the side of the headset but it didnt really make that much difference unfortunately.but i would say for the price of £100 i wasnt really happy so i just decided to get a normal corded pair of sennheisers an get some extension cable taking the length to over 3 metres.and i have to say IMHO i couldnt fault the sound of the corded pair an why the hell do you wanna listen to a film an not watch it lol put the mop down put your feet up an get yourself a corded set of cans.oh an if i had my time again i would buy a pair of grado head phones an not the sennheisers i payed 80 for the senns an then after a few months tried a pair of 80 quid grado`s an damn i was gutted lol.

Thanks for that Silverback. I tried wireless 'phones some years
back, and I was hoping (stupid me :blush: ), that they'd improved
since then.

Thought at the time, RF were just hopeless. IR were ok if you had
line of sight and had to move around a lot, but either way they
didn't match a corded pair.

Sounds like things are just the same :(

Cheers,

Rob

Well I love cordless headphones, Wires just seem so 80s now:)
And I dont think I could give up the freedome and free flowing flow of walking about and doing stuff without tripping over a wire and breaking my neck:devil:

Can recommend much other then these Panasonic Wireless headphones ive had, they died today but lasted 3 years, which I used daily for 3-6 hours.

ok comfort wise, frequency range was great.

Im sure they dont compete with Grado but for wireless...its the biz!

Theres new philips and other models looking better but still unknown about them.

Sennheiser RS65s are worth a try, but don't expect expect them to sound anywhere near as good as with-cord 'phones for the same price.

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/

Tons of Wireless headphones.... ive checked all the Sennheiser out and there impressive but very poor battery lastability, as in they last 4 hours.

Dunno about most of u but 4 hours is not enuff, I need at least 9 hours per night, and I dont wanna fuss with batterys !

My Panansonic (now tecnics) 50 quid job from Argos last a long time like 20+ hours, I threw out the crappy Ni-cad and went Ni-Mh so got double the time and the frequency range is excellent.

I wanna try the Philips equivelent but not sure if it will sound any good, but there 50 quid from Dixons and about 45 quid from unbeatable.co.uk

Thanks all :)

Think I'll look a bit closer at wireless...

I'll let you know what I end up with, and if they're any good !!

Cheers,

Rob

Rob,

I have the Sony headphones and they work really well - they have a headphone jack so you can stick extra headphones in, useful for two people listening or if you dont like the cordless ones that come with it.

Tony.

I was going to say, before HighlandeR made much the same point - it constantly annoys me that manufacturers insist on using NiCd batteries for rechargeable products - they really aren't up to the job, especially with electronics, where they are never fully discharged by the equipment and so rapidly acquire the memory effect.

Which is why I'd not buy the majority of products available. From what I've seen, the Sennheisers come with NiMH which is much better. If anyone makes headphones that use Li-Ion rechargeables, then I'd go there.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom