Which Widescreen?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Burns, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Burns

Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) Hi there. I want to buy a 28 inch widescreen, but I'm not sure which one to go for. My maximum budget is £500. Sound and picture quality are very important to me. Thanks.

Burns ;)

2. jim.rae

jim.rae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd have a serious look at Samsungs which can be much better value than some of the other big names...

If sound is important, you'd be better (in my view), getting a separate HiFi system and connecting it to the set or your VCR, as no sets in that price range will have on board sound with any decent bass response.

Richers Sounds will provide a reasonable sound system for around £100 or so...unless you already have one of course and can connect it to the TV?

But your budget is tight.

Remember too that you won't get proper wide-screen pictures unless you have a properly set up wide-screen source - ie a digibox or DVD player.

3. Burns

Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony Minidisc stereo that I currently have connected to my tv. But it has 10 different sound set-ups and none of them sound that good. The sound set ups are like; "Pop", "Action", "Flat", "Rock" etc. Its a beefy stereo that's only a year old. The speakers are 50 watts RMS. Certain sounds are unusually loud. For instance speech is a lot quieter than cars driving by. There is no defects with my stereo as I've had an engineer check it. I paid £350 for it so shouldn't it sound a lot better than it does? It sounds good when I play cd's on it though. It could be the fact that I have a Bush tv- It sucks a bit.

I saw a nice LG 28 inch widescreen. It looked lovely and it had 100 hz picture. It was £449.99. Is LG a reliable make? Thanks for the advice on Samsung tv's, I'll have a look at some.

Cheers for your help,

Burns:)

4. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currys have the KV28EW20 for £546.78 & you can now get a 10% discount voucher making it less than £500 delivered

5. Stiesto

Stiesto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By the way, the KV28EW20 at Currys is without the stand just to let you know.

You might want to have a look at Sanyo's 28WN5. Very good budget model from my experience with it.

6. Burns

Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So you would recommend a Samsung?

Are LG TV's reliable?

Burns:cool:

7. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for pointing that out :)

8. Stiesto

Stiesto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your interested, www.electricaldiscountuk.co.uk have the KV28EW20 for just under £565. The good bit however is that price also includes the TV's stand, delivery and a free, 3 year extended guarantee.

9. jimboy

jimboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have had the same problem this week but have just had it solved by john lewis at bluewater who have just agreed to pricematch rgb direct with a jvc av28r25 for 500.00 instead of their price of 600.00 plus you get a 5 year warranty with john lewis. havent picked up my set yet but seen it on display in currys and it looks the part. and it has had brilliant reviews in all the mags plus it is dolby pro logic.