1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which widescreen TV? Loewe? Where to buy?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by martin-w, Oct 9, 2004.

1. martin-w

martin-w
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

I'm planning to make the jump to a 32" widescreen TV and given I currently have an old 4:3 Matsui(!) whatever I get should be much better.

Anyway the model I was considering was the Loewe Aventos 3781 (£650 at http://comet.co.uk) which seems like a good deal to me. Is this a good set? Anybody out there got any experience of this model?

I'm looking for reliability, a good picture and good sound. I don't want home cinema, so the speakers built-in to the tv will have to suffice. Also, I'm looking for a TV that doesn't require a PhD to use!

I see Which? magazine recommended the dearer 3981 last year - there doesn't seem to me much difference between these sets to me.

I would be using this set hooked up to a freeview box (an old 'OnDigital' one), a VCR and a DVD player. As I'll be using the freeview digital tuner rather than the TV's analogue one will my pictures suffer? Also, a lot of my videos and some old TV progs now on DVD are 4:3. Will I end up with black bars at each side or can these sets do an 'intelligent' stretch (more at the edge, less in the middle).

Whatever model I do get I'd like to get a decent warranty - unfortunately my local John Lewis doesn't seem to sell the Aventos range. Any suggestions as to where to buy? (I'm in Scotland)

Apologies for the rambling but I have more questions than answers at the moment :)

thanks in advance

Martin

2. martin-w

martin-w
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi - does anybody have any answers to my questions?

thanks in advance

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,265
    We deal in the full Loewe range at Sevenoaks Edinburgh. If you come in to the store I can take you through the full range and all of the options available, of which there are many.