Which widescreen to buy?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by beavis, Feb 25, 2002.

1. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All

This is a great site and as I intend to move in to a new house in the next couple of months, I'm naturally looking forward to getting a decent tv.

I fancy a 32" or 36" set, but all ones I thought were ok, e.g. Toshiba, Panasonic, Sony and Philips all seem to have problems!

I like the look of the Toshiba Picture Frame tv's, are these any good?

I've also found that manufacturers can't design decent stands!What good are 2 shelves, when everyone now has DVD, Video and SKY?

Any advice on what is the best and most reliable will be greatly received!!!

Cheers

Ste.

2. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only advice I can give is to go 36" rather than 32" You won't regret it believe me. :D If ya gonna do something, do it properly. :D

3. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +453
    Couldn't agree more! 3 should be the standard.It was one of the things i was looking for when i replaced my tv.I got a Toshiba 32ZDO9B which has a rather nice 3 shelf enclosed cabinet.On the subject of stands,have you seen the one on the Sony FX65? What's that all about? Worst stand ive ever seen,actually put me off buying the tv.

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 32ZP18P which has 3 shelves but not enough depth on them for one of my items so i had to leave one shelf out. Luckily, the sky digibox can sit behind the tv as the shelves do not block the signal from the remote. So now i have an invisible digibox.

5. Spencem

Spencem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have the 36" Picture frame Tosh, and despite my posts in the mega-thread I am very happy with it. All large sets have some compromises, it's down to you to decide which ones you can live with. My advice would be to get which ever set you decide on from a John Lewis / House of Frazer type of shop (with a price match) so that if you do have problems there is back up.

The tosh stand comes with three shelves by the way.
    :D

6. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all these replies, I'm leaning towards the Tosh 36" Picture Frame, I must admit!

When it comes down to it, you can't beat gadgets!

Many thanks

Ste.

7. Tony McG

Tony McG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look at the Loewe sets - got my first one after trying 3 Sony's and I'll never look back

8. Paulxflier

Paulxflier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,

The last TV I purchased was a 14" Hitachi 20 years ago and have just decided
    to treat myself to a TV and pay up to Pds1500 but what a headache.

I was all set on Sony KV-32FX65 but everyone says Sony are alot of truble and the
    Pic is not as good as Tosh, so I got all sexed up to buy a 32ZP18P.
    Now I read endless tails of woe about the 32&36ZP18P.

Every TV make will have problems but despite all these replies I've seen would you
    all still say to me they are worth it and better than Sony and Pany and that I should just
    hope for the best.

Thanks yr ideas