1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Way To Go ??

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Mike-M, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Mike-M

Mike-M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I have separate setup's for DVD and Audio. I recently added a BK sub to the surround sound system and I got to thinking that as I don't watch a large number of DVD's would I be better using the sub for audio instead. My audio speakers are Tannoy Fusion 4's and I was wondering if I should use these as the surround fronts (have Tannoy 1's there at the moment) and get a smaller speaker to run alongside the sub for audio. I think the bass from the 4's would be sufficiant for movies for me.
    Anyone got an opinion on if this is a good idear or not. And what speakers I might consider.
    My Audio setup consists of an x-80 amp with a dacmagic 2, a puredigital receiver, squeezebox music server and a marantz 6000OSE cdp.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I always hate to read answers stating that "experimentation is the key" as it is used as a cop out when people don't really know the answer but in your case when you have the two systems to jiggle about with, you can try different combinations out with the equipment that you already have.

Don't forget that most music doesn't have the great depths that some films do so you will be missing less by not having a sub for your music system.

On the other hand it doesn't matter how big your floorstanders are, unless you have a subwoofer you will never really know how fish feel when someone taps on the glass.