• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which way to go

Von Ryan

Established Member
Gentlemen, I have a budget of approximately £700, but I am not sure whether to go plasma or LCD. I will be connecting to a Virgin V+ box, will also be adding a blu ray player, the only gaming will be a Wii. The room can be very well lit at a certain time of the day; this causes my crt to suffer from reflections. I'm put off by the Panasonics due to the possible buzzing issue. So can someone recommend a TV.

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• Lounge.JPG
    Lounge.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 69

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Plasma would be better for the wii, prob is, LG and Samsung plasma screens reflect quite bad, Panasonics have great filters and refections are way less, prob is you dont want a buzzer...hmmmm corner in you are me thinks. doh!

Youre choice is to go LCD, or go Panasonic plasma. All sets buzz but vary in how loud, my V20 is a loud one:rolleyes: but many other owners say theirs are fine, its by no means Panasonic only with this ether, or just plasma, tho I have to say they arent the best fo it.

Can you not mount over the fireplace? or have the set in front of the main window?

Von Ryan

Established Member
Thanks for the reply.

Not much room between the top of mantlepiece and dado rail; so over the fire place is a no go. Move next to the main window; the aerial and cable feed would have to be re routed and theres no power in that corner.

So it looks like it's a LCD. Something like a Sony 46EX503, or maybe the LG 47LD790.

Any other recommendations Please?

Last edited:

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the reply.

Not much room between the top of mantlepiece and dado rail; so over the fire place is a no go. Move next to the main window; the aerial and cable feed would have to be re routed and theres no power in that corner.

So it looks like it's a LCD. Something like a Sony 46EX503, or maybe the LG 47LD790.

Any other recommendations Please?

The Sony 46EX503 gets recommend a lot beyond that I cant be anymore help sorry.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom