• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which way around does my fan go

Mr M

Standard Member
Hello,

I hope someone can give me some quick advice. I have a Samsung HT-UP30 DVD Home Cinema System and I have removed the small cooling fan (to clean it) which is located inside the unit, screwed to the rear of the case. I unfortunately did not make a note of which way around the fan should be reinstated :blush: ie should the fan a) draw cooler air from the room into the inside of the case to cool it down or b) draw hot air from inside the case, out to the room

Please help because I can't stand it much longer just using the speakers on my TV :thumbsdow

snakeyes30

Standard Member
In my experience fans that are placed near the rear of a system tend to blow hot air away from the system.

Does the system have any other fans inside? If so which way do they face?

Mr M

Standard Member
Thanks for the response. I have had a look inside and that is the only fan serving the unit.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
well, on the fan somewhere there will be a mark,possibly an arrow, showing which way the airflow goes..most do.

Mr M

Standard Member
well, on the fan somewhere there will be a mark,possibly an arrow, showing which way the airflow goes..most do.

Thanks for that. I did already know about the directional arrow on the fan and mine has got an arrow marked on it. What I need to know though, given that I have already unscrewed and removed the fan from the back of the unit, didn't note the direction in which the fan pulls air and now need to reinstate it is - should the arrow point a) towards the inside of the unit ie drawing cooler air from the room into the inside of the case to cool it down or b) away from the Inside of the unit out to the room ie drawing hot air from inside the case, out to the room

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Thanks for that. I did already know about the directional arrow on the fan and mine has got an arrow marked on it. What I need to know though, given that I have already unscrewed and removed the fan from the back of the unit, didn't note the direction in which the fan pulls air and now need to reinstate it is - should the arrow point a) towards the inside of the unit ie drawing cooler air from the room into the inside of the case to cool it down or b) away from the Inside of the unit out to the room ie drawing hot air from inside the case, out to the room

its "b", the arrow should point out of the system, so effectively(i guess its at the back), it should point to the rear of the system, thus pulling hot air out of the unit.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom