• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

which war style game

shaolin101

Established Member
Hi All,

Been playing Motorstorm and Fight night and am thinking of a war game but not sure which.

Didn't really get on with the demo of Resistance so was looking at Call of Duty/blazing angels/tom clancy - vegas in a few days.

Wondered what else there was/ peoples recomendations.

Cheers All.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Rainbow Six Vegas isn't due out until late May now. Regards Blazing Angels it's an arcade style combat flight game but quite poor. essentially it's a port of the 360 version which it self wasn't very good. Call Of Duty 3 is supposed to be decent but performance wise is not as polished as the 360 version and has frame rate issues. You can't really judge Resistance from the demo as it starts of slowly but get much better later on and is definitely worth playing. If you're dead set on not getting Resistance then it might be best to wait for Rainbow Six Vegas.

shaolin101

Established Member
cheers,

might just grab one - give it a go then trade it if no good. I cant get the hang of using both analogue sticks to move and look - in resistance demo it takes me an age to aim properly! Thought i would get one of these ones just to try and get used to it. And hope the graphics are good.

Prefer real looking war games which is why i was gonna go for call of duty and not resistance with the robots. Unless COD is really bad!

Moogle

Distinguished Member
COD3 isn't really bad it's just not as polished as the 360 version. I think a number of people here own it and there is even a seperate thread on it further down. You might want to post in their to get some more opinions on the game.

Here is the link...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505234

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom