Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Which wall-mount hi-fi speakers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Ian964, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Ian964

Ian964

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm looking for some wall-mounted speakers (+ sub if necessary) for music playback. HID wants something discreet, I want good sound quality.

The problems are that it's a large room (7.5m x 4m), speakers have to fire down the long axis and will be fairly close to to side walls (either side of the french windows), and the walls are dry-lined (timber-framed house).

Source equipment is Arcam Alpha+ CD and SystemDek TT, amps are Audiolab 8000A (as pre-amp) and 8000P (power) - all getting on a bit, but I like it. After sorting out the speakers, I'll probably upgrade the CD. Music is mainly rock/jazz/blues,

Any suggestions please? At the moment, my shortlist consists of Spendor SR5 wall-mounts and Sub3 sub, which is at the top end of my budget (about £1,700)

Thanks
    Ian

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,664
    The Spendor SR5 is a superb speaker- absolutely 100% recommended here- it is also a damn sight easier to take a wall mount elsewhere should you ever move.

As to In-walls, both Focal and B&W produce some good uns and of course (;)) Mordaunt Short have just released their Architect range but were it me, it would be the Spendors every time.
    HTH.