Which Vinyl input you use?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by hoosterw, Apr 8, 2005.

1. hoosterw

hoosterw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am interested in what input you are using for yr turntable(if any)?
    I have now a demo of Rega P9 and was advised to put it on 5.1 bypass and then use stereo L+R modus.
    It was said that there are less circuits the signal passes trough in this way?

I use an AV192 and PPA20 (unfortunate a black one).

Rgds hans

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    Use any of the analogue inputs except the bypass ones if you want TMREQ to be available.....maybe not the SAT one though....

3. hoosterw

hoosterw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Graham.

I have also been following the other thread on Phono stage & AV32 but that didn't exactly answer my question.
    I was aware of TMREQ (being in the digital domain) and also other 'digital' controls but I was interested if anybody did not wanted to destroy the full analogue route, since that is what I believe what you get by using bypass L&R.

And after all if you spend bucks on an analogue transducer such as a P9 you don't want digital sampling :eek: along the route somewhere, TMHO!
    But I think the majority here are digital nerds ( :D JOKE, dont kill me!!!) by the look of it.

Now today I have again compared CD and vinyl by playing several albums on both and both (Cd - vinyl) have there fun I must say. Can't decide for one or the other. Its like blond and brunette, if you play the game right, you can have good fun with of both of them ;)

Rgds Hans.

4. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    yes, until the wife finds it out! :D

I think it is best to try it yourself and decide if TMREQ brings enough in in two channel. If not keep it analogue. (but try to burn "analogue prejudice" fuse in the head before testing. maybe you can, I can't)

5. hoosterw

hoosterw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Miron,

I tried both analogue and TMREQ route but in the analogue it just 'sparkles' and vinyl doesn't seem to need TMREQ as much as CD does in fact it hardly does need it.

And when I have vinyl via TMREQ it just seems flattened.

So I'll keep direct L&R for the time being. Maybe I'll try some time further down the road again.

Rgds Hans

6. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    Not me mate, digital is a tool to get the job done nothing more, your ears are strictly analogue devices so.......

Oh and my age I'd be happy with any colour hair as long as they have a pulse :rotfl: :rotfl: