1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Video processor

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Laingy, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Laingy

Laingy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic D4 plasma which takes a signal via component cables from an Arcan DV27. It also takes the sky signal via a JS box which converts the scart lead from the sky box to input into the plasma VGA socket.

What I would like to do is put those sources through a scaler and have one output going to the plasma. Does anyone else have similar experiences of this and what was the solution, I am not sure if I would still need the JS box, and if not how would the sky signal be input to the scaler. Or do I keep the JS box and the scaler would accept a VGA input.

regards

Laingy

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,596
    Laingy

The latest video processors from Lumagen and DVDO have recognised that here in the UK RGB+Composite Sync from SCART sources is quite common.

If you look at the Lumagen VisionDVI, HDP and ProHDP along with the DVDO iScanHD you'll simply require a SCART to 4RCA cable between your Digibox and the Video processor.

Best regards

Joe